Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man- that's like one of the many reasons I hate having internet orders- I miss the occasional TDD calls - for what ever reason I seemed to be the only person that could/would get them- I know of at least one instance when we had a CSR who hung up the call- I wasn't managing then but I was pissed when I found out. I don't even remember how I found out.........but I digress.

No,those were some of the most pleasant and calm calls I ever got.And the couple that used the service the most always ordered on Friday nights in fall- sometimes the most busy nights and I'd be taking orders as fast as I could and those calls made me slow down by there very nature. And the operators were by FAR the most polite people I'd deal with.
    Yes- I'm the supervisor today
    Yes I'm young
    Get Over It.....and have a nice day

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
      Isn't it illegal not to report these sort of things?
      Depends on the state you live in. Not all states have laws requiring reporting a conversation of a crime. However, in all cases. There is a expectation of privacy and confidentiality.

In Florida, Sprint runs the relay service (paid for by the government). IMHO, It would be the same as a wiretap, if Sprint turn around and reported any conversation.
      I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

I had two TDD conversations and they were scammers. Trying to send me a money order and then I send some money on to them to ship the vehicle I was trying to sell.

First conversation didn't last long as they asked if we could take it to Yahoo Messenger, I did and the whole thing seemed fishy to me.

2nd conversation they wanted to go to IM again so I asked "Do you want to buy the truck or not? I don't have time to screw around on IM" And then they said the Money Order scam business, so I said "I won't do that, I know a scam when I hear one, don't ever contact me again"

They called the next day but no one was home.

My old neighbor is deaf. Nice guy though. He knew I couldn't sign so he would bring a pad of paper and a pen to the door. One time I felt so bad for him. His wife had gone out and didn't leave a note, and had been gone for a while. So he asked me if I could call her for him. I did, it was akward for me "Terry wants to know where you are and when you're coming home" but thankfully she didn't mind.

Comment

In ... 12 years of taking pizza delivery orders (gosh, I didn't realize I spent that long in that job), I only got called by someone using TDD once.

I don't remember the specifics, but I remember that all three of us were trying earnestly to make it work, but at some point we all agreed that it wasn't going to work.
          Like: I would be happy to read all of our available toppings over the phone, and the prices of each size of pizza, and other things, but at some point the amount of typing the operator is going to have to do becomes unreasonable, and the caller realized that it would be unreasonable to ask the operator to transcribe our entire menu.

Thing is, I don't recall anyone noticibly deaf ordering at our counter, or getting a call back from a TDD operator who now had someone with a copy of our menu in their hands on the phone.
          So I kind of suspect that the caller was calling from outside our delivery area (possibly FAR outside our delivery area) and hit our store at random, or something.

Then again, between lip reading and the folks who are not completely deaf but have a hearing aid that does not interface well with a telephone, it's not like said person would be "noticably deaf" when placing an order in person.
          In fact, I have recently discovered that a lot of what I thought was me hearing other people talk was a combination of lip-reading and intelligent guesswork.

Comment

Most people would not know that I can't hear them. Hear as in understand, I hear the noise just don't understand 60% of it. And that's with a hearing aid.

However, I can speak without any hint that I can't hear you. Thanks to years and years of speech therapy growing up. Which of course backfires on me now, since I have to wait a few secs (for the bright ones) or a really long time (for the dim ones) for them to understand ears and mouth aren't connected.
            I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Working...
            X