This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe I'm wrong, but...

So, I just called a member to let them know their service was on the way and what time they'll be there. I got the voicemail of what sounded like a teenaged girl and the voicemail said,

"I'm sorry I can't take your call. I'm either at work or too good to talk to you..."

there was more, but I didn't listen to it. I know she's not at work - so obviously, she was too good to talk to me...so I figured I was "too good" to leave a message for her.
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Wow. Really.

If only there was a way to punch someone through a phone line.
    P.E.B.C.A.K. - Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard.

Comment

She must have been a teenager. Or thought she was. I know no adult women who have something like that as their outgoing message.
      MySpace

Comment

Did she have a 305,954, or 561 area code? That would explain it.
        I will never go to school!

Comment

There's a customer we call a lot on her business cell phone. She does the whole spiel of being professional - naming her business, their hours, please leave a message, yadda yadda, then she says "Ha! You missed me! Try again!" in this completely different voice. It's so weird.

And then there's the lady that does a standard voicemail, but her voice starts out normal and gets more and more like I should be paying $1.99 a minute the longer it goes on. The way she draws out "byyyye" at the end gives me the creeps.

I could go on and on. I call businesses for a living about their cell phones. Actually, I should say I leave messages for businesses because they have caller ID and know who I am and don't pick up for a living

Comment

so unbelievably ot, but i want to learn how the stooges were able to poke people in the eye over the phone. sometimes id like to do that
            I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Quoth BaristaTrav View Post
              Did she have a 305,954, or 561 area code? That would explain it.
              No. It wasn't any of those. So, it must be spreading.

One day, I called another teenaged member. I can't really convey how hilarious his outgoing message was....you had to hear it. I had to call him three times and he never answered....

It was a very depressing, low tone of voice and it said,

"This is emo kid*" then a BIG HUGE LONG SIGH followed by "Whatever"

*of course, not his real name, but I could just picture the poor tortured little boy on the other end. Life is just so depressing!!!! WHATEVER! You're a 16 maybe 17 year old kid, have a nearly new (last 5 years) car, have a roadside assistance membership, broke down outside one of the more prestigious high schools in town...you do not get my sympathy.
              "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Heh.
                I used to leave goofy answering machine messages myself until I took a military leadership class and they pointed out something rather key-

If you're ever looking to move into another line of work and leave callback numbers with potential employers, a good message on your machine versus a stupid one can be all it takes to determine if you get hired or passed on.

I will, however, still answer the phone with "Savoy Grill: Where the elite meet to eat. How may I take yoir order!?" in the most atrocious mock-cockney accent I can muster...
                Last edited by Phantomgrift; 07-30-2008, 01:16 PM.
                Waiter? ... Waiter?
                Curses! When will I ever remember- Order dessert first and THEN kill everyone in the restauraunt.

Comment

I still miss my Garfield Answering Service.

Hi, this phone has the Garfield the Cat Answering Service. AT the sound of the burp, please leave your name, telephone number, and shoe size. *BELCH*

Curse the need to be professional.
                  Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Quoth KnitShoni View Post
                    I know no adult women who have something like that as their outgoing message.
                    Hi.. This is CS.com.

Welcome..

Don't read the forums..

You'll meet them soon enough...

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the hilarious messages...however, as another poster stated, if you are job seeking or using the phone for business or whatever - your outgoing message is something that you have to consider.

Comment

Working...
                      X