This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopped Working With Customers

...but I'm back. I have scared a few folks. Left Flowers O Suck and a couple years later Flowers O Suck got sued by the state of New Hampshire for flim-flammery, hit with a 5 million dollar settlement and fired all my former coworkers save a few. A karmic realignment happened because of their rewards program.

I edit other writers for a Patheos blog now. Life is strange but way less strange without dealing with the general public.
    "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Welcome back!! Many of us were wondering about you.

I fondly remember your 'flowers-o-suck' stories. Am I reading this right, did they get their comeuppance?
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

They did indeed get their comeuppance in the form of a 5 million dollar fine levied by the state of New Hampshire for their scamming ways over their rewards program. It put a major hurting on the company. I was glad because that was why I ended up leaving, management was harassing me to go ahead and quit before they fired me. I could not sell the program at the higher and higher rates they were requiring. I am not good at insincerity, customers would pick up on the fact that I didn't mean what I was saying when I read the script.

Quit and went to work at one of the better-known quilting shops/art studios in this area and stayed only a year. No sucky customer stories, they were usually well behaved. It was merely the boss who was crazy.

Took over editing/posting a website for a friend for the advertising dollars, which then ended up being brought under the Patheos umbrella. Couple of months ago Patheos was purchased by Time/Warner to use as content for Time magazine online. Now I worked a few hours a day and get a decent paycheck. It allows me work from home like I need with my severe asthma, and work only when it's convenient for me. No customers, no one breathing over my shoulder to make sure I'm working.
      "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Working...
      X