X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish.com

Anybody here ever dealt with Wish.com?

I have. Got some off-brand nerd stuff. It works.
    Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

I've heard the same, but I've not actually used it myself.

If it requires a credit card, maybe look into one of those sites that lets you generate one-time use CC numbers.

Use both at own risk, obviously
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I note they do have a lot of complaints at PissedConsumer.com.

Comment

I was curious, but as you're required to sign up before you get to see their wonderful stuff, I decided not to bother as I have enough spam.

For cheap electronics I typically use dx.com though I've heard good things about banggood.com as well.
          Seph
          Taur10
          "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

I signed up at one point to see what the deal was... I think I ordered a total of $25 worth of stuff. Some was as expected, others complete trash. I would say order from regular sites. The extremely cheap stuff from Wish is junk, while slightly more expensive stuff is okay. The issue is that the slightly more expensive (by that I mean, not in the $1-$5 range) is basically exactly the same as what you'd get from Amazon. It's not that much cheaper, in fact, and the shipping takes FOREVER.

Wouldn't recommend.
            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

If you do try ordering from Wish, read the fine print. There are a number of stories about people who thought they were buying video cards for their computer only to find out that they were buying a chance to win one. All they got was some cheap squishy toys.

Comment

You can get a lot of the same items (and probably the same sellers) from aliexpress. I used to use wish to order cheap things, and they do have a fairly decent refund policy so long as you keep track of when you're supposed to receive an item according to information you receive when you order. I got into the habit of contacting them as soon as the final day I was told to expect my item to arrive because I'd gotten screwed out of a refund once by contacting them a week after the final ETA day...never again.

Comment

moms used it for random stuff
                  i think its just a easy way to order weird stuff

Comment

I've used aliexpress before. Guess I'll be going back to them.

I just added to wish.com's bad rep on pissedconsumer. Wish won't even let me order; maybe that's lucky?

Comment

It depends on what you get. My husband has got some cheap electronics that work as well as expected, being as they're mass produced stuff from China. I got a pair of knockoff UGGS for $10 and they're warm and comfy and I love them.
                      The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                      X