This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Sucky days in a row

Hi everyone! I'm kinda new here, mostly a lurker...l've posted a few threads and replies. Anyways, to the heart of the matter:

Little background why the past couple days have sucked:

My boyfriend became a poppy!!! He's 7 years older than me, and I'm only 36, so I'm a YOUNG grandma-to-be!!! We're not technically engaged, but close enough. The sucky thing is, the new baby, S, has fluid on her brain. She's the most precious thing in the world. Needless to say, we stayed at the hospital until very late last night, and got home even later...no sleep in the past few nights.
    So today, I'm running errands for my office and had to go to Target. I had 3 things to purchase, and was willing to wait in the not-too-long line. There were a few people ahead of me, and of course that's the only line open, and all those customers had carts full. So I'm standing there patiently, because I'm not a SC, and the lady at Customer Service said she'd take someone. Well, we all just kinda stood there for a minute, and this guy in front of me- with a cart full- didn't move. So I went around the register, and started making my way to the Customer Service area....the jerk that was in front of me in line pushed his cart fast-like he was racing, and cut me off, and jumped in front of me. Well, not having much sleep, being worried, and tired...of course that just hit me the wrong way! I just stood there for a sec, didn't know what to say or do...so I looked at him...ok, well I gave him the Death Glare. He wouldn't look at me. I wanted to say something to him so bad! The other lady at Customer Service saw what happened, and let me know she'd check me out. Thanks Nice Customer Service Lady! I just wanted to kick him. He was very rude.
    And the funny thing is, he didn't get checked out any faster than me, since he had alot more items than me. He was leaving the same time as me....and I kept sending the Death Glare to him and everything....still wouldn't acknowledge me at all. Jerk.

The baby's ok so far. She's in ICU, and she'll have an MRI today, and the Dr will let us know if surgery is needed. Other than that, she's perfectly healthy. There's no signs of brain damage or anything, just a little extra fluid in her head. Poor thing.

So I've had little sleep, so has my BF and his family, I'm stressed to the max, and this moron wants to mess with me. Nuh uh, dude. Seriously. I don't have enough energy.

Thanks for listening (or should I say reading) to my rant!

Welcome and best of luck with the newborn. So to be clear, this is your BF's daughter's child? Yes I encounter line jumpers and such every day. Massive entitlement and what I call "societal sociopathy" issues. You would have been justifying in saying something.. or "accidentally" ramming your cart into his ankle.
    I will never go to school!

Comment

I hope every thing turns out with the baby! Don't worry about the SC- even though you gave him the death glare, take to heart that you were the bigger person in the end... and if the only way he can feel good about himself is to cut someone off. I guess we can all image what part of him besides his brain is small.
      You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks, guys! It's my BF's son's baby. She (the baby) is doing ok as of right now. Everyone's getting ready to go back to the hospital. I have to work, unfortunately, but BF is keeping me updated.

Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers!

Comment

Hope the baby is okay! The recuperative powers of younguns is sometimes remarkable!

Once I ended up going to the hospital because of a SC line jumper.

My daughter and I were shopping for groceries one afternoon and we noticed this confused looking elderly man in the store. He was blocking aisles, standing there like not all the neurons in his brain were firing looking most addled. We had to avoid him a couple of times. I was obvious he wasn't all there.

We get to express lane because we'd only been getting a few things at the same time he did. There were two express lanes but one of them was closed. He went to the closed one because the one I was in the line was lonnnnnnng and he stood there, just stood there, for a long time.. .. after about five minutes it finally dawned on him that his line was closed, so he swung his cart around and tried to cut in front of me, last person, tenth, in express lane. I told him that I had been there first and he needed to get behind me. Big mistake. He did get behind me but he started ramming me with his cart, right in the small of my back. The first couple of times it happened I just turned around and glared but by the third time he was ranting/screaming out some nonsense and rammed me as hard as he could pinning me between the two carts. I fell to the floor and he ran away! Over a place in a grocery line!! He had bruised up my back pretty badly and I had a matching bruise in the front where the cart handle got me. Cops came but the guy was long gone and no one knew who he was.

Since that time if I'm getting 'crazy' vibes off someone I let them line cut.
          "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Holy crap..

Comment

Quoth BaristaTrav View Post
              You would have been justifying in saying something.. or "accidentally" ramming your cart into his ankle.
              No, she wouldn't. Deliberately ramming her cart into his ankle would have been equally sucky and stupid. We don't condone violent revenge against SCs here.

Good vibes to the little 'un, and congrats to the OP and the new Grandpa !
              A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
              - Dave Barry

Comment

Quoth Barefootgirl View Post
                No, she wouldn't. Deliberately ramming her cart into his ankle would have been equally sucky and stupid. We don't condone violent revenge against SCs here.
                It was a joke..

Comment

Holy schnikes - I think I know this guy's wife!

I'll be praying for the baby - keep us updated!

@calulu - ohhh man I know I kept mum over my Line Jumper...but if THAT had happened...I would've violated the "no violence to SCs" rule. Stuff like that definitely doesn't fly with me.
                  By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Happened like six or seven years ago but since then I do not confront line jumpers, particularly mentally ill senior citizens.
                    "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

*Update*

Thanks for all the good thoughts, everyone! The baby is home, she came home yesterday, and is doing wonderful!

On another note, my BF is talking about buying me a ring!!!! Yay. I'm so 'cited!!!

Comment

2 Sucky Days in a row *update*

Quoth hopie144 View Post
                        Hi everyone! I'm kinda new here, mostly a lurker...l've posted a few threads and replies. Anyways, to the heart of the matter:

Little background why the past couple days have sucked:

My boyfriend became a poppy!!! He's 7 years older than me, and I'm only 36, so I'm a YOUNG grandma-to-be!!! We're not technically engaged, but close enough. The sucky thing is, the new baby, S, has fluid on her brain. She's the most precious thing in the world. Needless to say, we stayed at the hospital until very late last night, and got home even later...no sleep in the past few nights.
                        So today, I'm running errands for my office and had to go to Target. I had 3 things to purchase, and was willing to wait in the not-too-long line. There were a few people ahead of me, and of course that's the only line open, and all those customers had carts full. So I'm standing there patiently, because I'm not a SC, and the lady at Customer Service said she'd take someone. Well, we all just kinda stood there for a minute, and this guy in front of me- with a cart full- didn't move. So I went around the register, and started making my way to the Customer Service area....the jerk that was in front of me in line pushed his cart fast-like he was racing, and cut me off, and jumped in front of me. Well, not having much sleep, being worried, and tired...of course that just hit me the wrong way! I just stood there for a sec, didn't know what to say or do...so I looked at him...ok, well I gave him the Death Glare. He wouldn't look at me. I wanted to say something to him so bad! The other lady at Customer Service saw what happened, and let me know she'd check me out. Thanks Nice Customer Service Lady! I just wanted to kick him. He was very rude.
                        And the funny thing is, he didn't get checked out any faster than me, since he had alot more items than me. He was leaving the same time as me....and I kept sending the Death Glare to him and everything....still wouldn't acknowledge me at all. Jerk.

The baby's ok so far. She's in ICU, and she'll have an MRI today, and the Dr will let us know if surgery is needed. Other than that, she's perfectly healthy. There's no signs of brain damage or anything, just a little extra fluid in her head. Poor thing.

So I've had little sleep, so has my BF and his family, I'm stressed to the max, and this moron wants to mess with me. Nuh uh, dude. Seriously. I don't have enough energy.

Thanks for listening (or should I say reading) to my rant!

The baby is almost 3 months old now! She's a sweetheart, and to prove it, here's a pic:
                        Last edited by hopie144; 09-04-2008, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Wow! She's really cute!

Glad she's doing well
                          Let it go... Daisy, let it go... Open up your fist
                          This fallen world... Doesn't hold your interest...
                          Doesn't hold your soul... Daisy, let it go
                          -Switchfoot

Comment

My heart goes out to you for your granddaughter, i am so glad that she's ok! And such a cutie!

My son had to have open heart surgery the day he was born. It wasn't something they could catch in-utero (sp?) , so it was a complete shock to us. He's great now though!

Comment

Working...
                            X