Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Courtesy of my sister, and you will LOVE it!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courtesy of my sister, and you will LOVE it!

My sister's first job was waitressing. At a "family-style" restaurant. It was hard work, with the usual ins and outs of restaurant employment.

So, one day, she had a real asshole of a customer. Bitch, bitch, bitch, about everything under the sun. He probably (this was some years ago, so I don't remember the details) complained about the wait for a table, the wait for his food, the temperature of his food, what have you.

My sister is a rather impulsive person, and finally she'd had enough.

She walked over to the guy's table and upended a pitcher of cream over his head!

Ummm...I understand the guy was being a fuckhorn and all that, but was dumping a pitcher of cream over his head the right way to deal with it?

What happened next?
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

She didn't get fired. Her boss said the guy deserved it.

Since it was some years ago, I don't know if the guy was a newcomer or someone who made a habit of coming in and complaining about everything, trying to get his meal comped. I'm not saying that this was the best way to deal with it. I do wonder if he ever tried pulling that kind of behavior anywhere again.

Comment

Fired

The only way someone could keep their job after doing something like that is:

1) It was the family business, so you get to stay.

2) The customer really was that sucky to begin with.

Number one does not apply, so this customer must have really been an as*h*le for her to keep her job.

Comment

Well, Like the commeuppance.. but need a leeeeeeeeeetle more detail to actually hate the SC enough to be pleased at his dispatching.

Comment

I can see some instances where a jug of cream over the head would be warranted.
            To name a few:
            groping the staff
            making forceful sexually related comments to the staff
            violence of any kind towards staff or patrons
            a rage of any kind wherein property has been damaged

But being an ass? Not so much. I've had plenty of people be asses towards me and while I would have liked to do the same, this situation (without the detail) doesn't seem like the action was justified.

Comment

That's something I want to do to this one woman who comes through drive thru EVERYDAY. She orders some meal (usually a two burrito meal) with a large coffee, five cream,five sugar,three equal (wtf? I know!). She complains every single time she comes in! Today, it was because there was supposedly NO Equal in her coffee. Um. Yes there was. I JUST put it in. Plus, with the two more sugar than equals in the coffee,how can you tell?

Whatever. If people have a complaint about a place everyday,they shouldn't go there.
              "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Being that this tale is secondhand, and from several years ago, I'm willing to cut a fair bit of slack that details have been lost/misremembered. Be kinda funny to watch, I must admit.
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

That is kind of funny, but it's like lowering herself to the customer's level, in my opinion.
                  It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                  -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Sometimes lowering oneself to the other's level can be quite effective and satisfying.

Keep in mind this comes from the person who says (that being me): There is no better time to kick a man than when he is down.
                    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

You know what's neat about this thread? It reinforces my opinion that people here tell the truth about sucky customers because they are quick to point when the customer is right because they DO care about doing the job right. This forum just gives folks a way to blow off steam over those people that make it IMPOSSIBLE to do any job right.
                      For civilized discussion about broadcasting, media and sports along with fun games to play, visit:
                      http://atriumforum.com/
                      Emphasis on Michigan area broadcasting, but ANYONE is welcome!

Comment

Okay, update with details from my sister.

She was a teenager at the time, and the guy was around thirty. He kept teasing her and hitting on her, and wouldn't stop. She was mortally afraid of being fired - and the job situation was not too great at the time - but as she said, enough was enough.

The owner just laughed when he heard the story and predicted that Mr. Cream would be back. And he was. The very next day.

She had to wait on him and he asked if he could have some cream for his coffee, or should he wring it out of his shirt?

She looked at him and said, "Whichever you prefer," and walked away.

He was pretty careful around her after that.

Comment

Working...
                        X