This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Phantasm View Post
    Meh... I love it when customers know a job better than an employee does. It's like people asking if a store price matches, then complaining about it when they don't. "But you used to!!! Just last week I was right here, and I got a price match." "No... you didn't. I've worked here for four and a half years, and we've never price matched."
    I love when people say this! Around where I work all the McDonalds are owned by one guy and most of the higher managers know each other really well. We've all also been transferred from one store to the next quite a bit. When I was transferred last time my first week in my new store this SC goes well at the other store (she said my old stores name) they switch old toys for new ones. I just looked at her and asked her if she was sure of that because I'm pretty sure they don't. She then proceeded to tell me how she was there last week and she knows for a fact they do. I just cracked a smile and politely told her she was mistaken because I was the manager there that last week and the 5 years before that as well and Ik for a fact they will not exchange old toys for new ones.

She shut her mouth and exited pretty fast after that.

Comment

At several of the restaurants I've worked at we have charged $0.75 per side of sauce, dressing, etc. and people (for the most part) have no problem paying for it...even when they ask for like eleventy bajillion extras and it adds $8 or $10 to their check total.

I was the manager at the last restaurant where I worked, and I did the math; between extra sides of ranch/bleu cheese/whatever, we brought in an extra $300-$400 a week on average!
      "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
      -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

I typically ask (politely) for a BBQ sauce packet for my fries at McD's. I've never been charged for it.

I think it's all in how you ask and if you're obviously not being greedy, just asking for one.

I'm sure if I was a big bitch about it and was being all demanding, I'd get charged all the time.
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Yeah if you just want one or two I have no problem giving them to you. If you want more than four and don't have any nuggets or chicken strips you get charged.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
            Our family album has shots of the root bear flipping the bird. <cough>
            We demand those pictures.

And by "we" I mean the three other voices in my head that really want to see a bear flipping us off.
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I'm betting that she was hoping to get them for free, use one or two for her sandwich, and put the rest in the fridge for later. The idea that you can buy bottles of honey mustard/ranch/bbq sauce at the grocery store is probably lost on her.

I usually only ask for things like extra pickles and so forth. (Especially at Chik-fil-a, b/c 3 pickles is not nearly enough.)
              "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
              Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                Funny part is the sauce/toppings is usually where 75% of the fat and crap comes from in fast food. -.-

I'd fully expect to be charged for extra sauce, cups, etc. Those things cost money. Of course, I'm not an idiot and my mom ran an A&W for 4 years. Hell, she was the one in the root bear costume during events too. ( I'm not sure what bet she lost, but it was awesome because she got to bring the costume home. )

Our family album has shots of the root bear flipping the bird. <cough>
                For a Fourth of July parade we rented out the grimace costume and the hamburgular (sp?) costume and two of my crew dressed up as them. I have a pic of both them flipping off the camera. I love those pics.

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                  I typically ask (politely) for a BBQ sauce packet for my fries at McD's. I've never been charged for it.

I think it's all in how you ask and if you're obviously not being greedy, just asking for one.

I'm sure if I was a big bitch about it and was being all demanding, I'd get charged all the time.
                  Honestly had she been nice I'd probably have given her 2-3 for free. Usually someone asking me for a sauce for there fries doesn't bug me. As long as they are nice. It's the ones who demand it and then talk down to me that I'll charge for every extra one they want.

Comment

Today, I had a lady come through and ask for a few cups of bbq. No nuggets or selects in the order. So before I swiped her card, I informed her that I would have to charge her. I told her I wasn't too sure of how much it would be, but 35 cents was my guesstimate.

Her:"I've never been charged."
                    Me: "It's the policy. Maybe it wasn't enforced before, but we now have to have a tight reign on it because it costs us money to buy the sauce and so many people try to get alot of sauces."

She ended up not getting the sauces. Oh well. At least I told you I would have to charge you before I ran your card through. I could have been mean, rang those in and not tell you.
                    "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Most McDonald's here give one packet of Ketchup and one of that French Fries Sauce of theirs if your order includes fries, or one Ketchup and one Creamy Deluxe sauce if you ordered potatoes (formerly "Deluxe" potatoes). Any other sauce is for Nuggets only. As far as I know, they don't charge for extra, but I would totally understand if they did.
                      "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Working...
                      X