This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Made Me Laugh A LOT

So, we've seen that I'm looking for work. About two weeks ago, I got found by a recruiter for a job. As it turns out, this job is a pretty decent fit, except for the fact that the commute and hours requirements will ensure that I have no life and spend my weekends trying to rest enough to make it through the week and am able to do nothing but work Monday through Friday, and some Saturdays, too.

So, after evaluating, I've decided that the best choice was for me to decline to pursue the opportunity any further. I sent her an email Friday night explaining this, and was prepared to call it done.

Today, I two emails from her. The first one was a reply to my Friday email, asking me if the commute was all of the reason for stopping the process. The second email was an exact duplicate of the email that she sent to me nearly two weeks ago, attempting to recruit me again.

In other words, on realizing that she wasn't going to recruit me for this job, she want back to her database, plugged in the keywords, and got my resume back out. Then, without noticing that the resume she found was mine, she tried to recruit me anew, as if we'd never spoken.

I've often heard that recruiters do no work for the people they're recruiting, and now I see why. On the plus side, I got to laugh loud and long at this. I would never have imagined this sort of scenario in a million years.

So, who thinks I should reply, and state I'm very interested, but am unsure if I can handle the commute to Jersey City?

Quoth Pedersen View Post
    So, who thinks I should reply, and state I'm very interested, but am unsure if I can handle the commute to Jersey City?
    *begins popping * Can't wait!

Comment

Me me me me me me me me me me me!!!! But only if it won't backfire on you somehow
      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Do it do it do it do it do it!
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

You should make the reply long winded.
          Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Working...
          X