This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't use the bathroom?

I got my review and it wasn't a nice one. Apparently I am "constantly in the bathroom." I was furious and embarrassed. They all know I have a medical condition. I've told them many times and now I guess I will have to get a doc's note to let them know that I'm not just in there to hang out. I admit it--I have IBS. It's not fun and I don't go joy riding in the bathroom. If I go "constantly" there's a goddamn reason!!

And THEN I got into trouble for not staying up in my window while a SC was cussing me out all the while the supervisor told me to hide! And was the same one that said I handled the situation badly. Uh, sorry but if a dude is cussing me out I do NOT have to take it and I DO Not get paid enough for that kind of abuse.

I told her it was her job to take the shit and I don't get paid enough and its not in my job description. Of course I had to pretend I was joking because otherwise I'd be on their shit list--and that list always gets fired.

I want to know WHO had the time in our "busy" place to watch me walk into the break room to go to the bathroom. It's not like I don't do my job. I work my ASS off and I try not to let my problem get in the way. I've been there for six years and they should all know by now that I am not slacking!

I'm going to HR and asking them what kind of doc's proof I Need to get them off my back. I am just so upset that something like that was discussed among a lot of people. The place is filled with loud mouthed bitches who always know your business before you do.

*sigh* Sorry just had a bad day.

Wait. So you get told by someone above you to leave your window, then get in trouble for leaving your window?

Did you ask them why they're reprimanding you for doing what you were told?

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Oh I was so livid I went ABOVE said supervisor and now she's in deep shit. She wasn't supposed to do that to me. AND she wasn't supposed to say anything about my supposed bathroom issues. To be a fly on the wall when her boss yells at her...

That and they sure back peddled when I told them I was about to go to HR.

Comment

Oh I hope they get more than a good talkin' to! That's just bullshit they put on your review about the constant bathroom breaks even though they were told about your condition!
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I still think you should go to HR, even if it's just to make a paper trail. Unless something is documented, your "breaks" could come back to bite you and it'd be on you to prove your employer was properly informed. Yeah it sucks, but better safe than sorry.

And yeah, your sup wasn't thinking that day.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
            I still think you should go to HR, even if it's just to make a paper trail. Unless something is documented, your "breaks" could come back to bite you and it'd be on you to prove your employer was properly informed. Yeah it sucks, but better safe than sorry.:
            QFT. Document, document, document
            Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
            What's the difference?
            We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Absolutely. Document it all, make sure HR is aware of this for certain...Especially because...er, if you'll excuse the pun, "this stuff" rolls downhill, and your immediate super sounds like the kind of person who will try to get you in trouble/put on that List you mentioned for the high crime of defending yourself when you got dinged for following orders and dealing with a legit medical condition that they have obviously known about for a VERY long time.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I have IBS too...and somehow I'm sure that the powers that be would not be happy if I had an accident at my desk because I wasn't allowed to take care of business in the proper place in time. I imagine it wouldn't go over well where you work, either...not to mention we'd have to go home and clean up. Grrrrrrr...
                "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                  I still think you should go to HR, even if it's just to make a paper trail. Unless something is documented, your "breaks" could come back to bite you and it'd be on you to prove your employer was properly informed. Yeah it sucks, but better safe than sorry.
                  I'd also go ahead and get the note from your doctor and file it officially so its in your record. Otherwise, when this supervisor who has your back moves on, you could get bitten by it again when you have less understanding management. Get your HR ducks in a row so you have a leg to stand on if it happens again.
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                  X