• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Client supervisor bitched out co-worker

This incident happened yesterday during the first shift

People involved in this post:

Missy: *not her real name* parking office clerk
    Andrea: *not her real name* Missy's direct boss as well as the client supervisor
    our immediate supervisor

My co-worker was sitting inside the visitor parking booth when he saw a car at the exit gate having a problem exiting. So he grabbed the clicker & went up to the gate to fing out what the problem was. Turns out the driver was a staff member who could not find a parking spot on levels 2 through 4 of the faculty/staff parking garage *the first level is currently being used for visitor parking due to the existing vsitor parking garage being rennovated*. Levels 2 through 4 are where faculty/staff park. The staff member told my co-worker that she could not find a parking spot on either of those levels, but since she could not, she parked in visitor parking. But her access card was not working. My co-worker pressed the call button on the call box at that gate, & Missy answered the call. She told the staff member that she had to pay for her parking & that any access card is deactivated if you park in visitor parking. How, I do not know. Andrea got on the line & told my co-worker not to raise the gate for the staff member & that she had to get a token to exit. The call ended, & the staff member gave my co-worker a token to exit. He put it in the slot at the exit gate, but the gate did not go up. So he used the clicker to let her out.

He then called the parking office on phone that is inside the visitor parking booth. This is when Andrea bitched him out. He explained to her that the staff member gave him a token to exit, but because it did not work, he had to raise the gate. She said in a very snippy tone of voice "I have a security camera that I look at, & I saw differently. A token was not used to exit. Good bye."

So my co-worker called our immediate supervisor to let him know what happened. Turns out Andrea speaks this way to other employees who work at the parking company we both work for. He also told my co-worker that he will wait for an e-mail from Andrea.

From all the posts, Andrea sounds like a total bitch. She has been nothing but unpleasant, mean, and demands the impossible regularly.

I wonder if she has some stake in the company being dropped from handling that contract or is she just a vicious shrew normally.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

If I was the faculty/staff member, I'd be downright pissed. It's my understanding that faculty pays for their parking pass, is that correct? So the staffmember parked in the only available area and was then told to fork over another 5 bucks. Seriously, faculty should complain to their department heads and raise holy hell with the the president's office or whoever can make policy changes. Because the parking office sucks.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
      X