This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't gotten there yet!

So I was dealing Texas Shootout the other day ( I hate Shootout) and as I'm going around paying and taking, checking what people's hands are, I'm just going over to one guy, I hadn't even read his cards yet, and one old bat pipes in:

"He has a straight!"

I give her the look of "WTF I was getting there"

And she just says "Well you were about to take his money!"

No, no I wasn't, while I hate this game and sometimes have trouble seeing some hands, I can usually pick them out if I have the chance to read the cards before someone opens their big mouth. I'm also aware I'm not the fastest shootout dealer, but really, I've only dealt it a handful of times, and I had no idea of poker hands before then.

And let me mention this, I know people are superstitious about gambling, I get it, but really, you're betting $100 bets in $5 chips, and you expect to be paid out in the same, even if you get a blackjack. I have to express how much I hate dealing to these type of people. "The OMG DON'T CHANGE MY CHIPS!!!evlevnty!!!" people are the biggest pain in the ass. These are ususally the people that wander off with $200 in red ($5) chips, leaving me begging for chips from other players until a fill comes in.
    “Bad taste creates many more millionaires than good taste.”

-Charles Bukowski
Working...
X