This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's only candy

So, I'm not very good at hiding my emotions. They either come out, or I don't say anything.

I had a woman today who really pissed me off. I really don't get that many sucky customers at my store. When I do, it's very surprising. When someone pisses me off, I start to shake, and so does my voice. So, I try not to say much.

(This is all roughly how the convo went, I'm really bad at remembering things that were said exactly)
    Me:
    SC: OMG candyyyyyy *grumble*

-she comes up to my register with 3 bags of candy, one large bag, one medium bag, and one small bag. her son is with her..he's not really relevant, he doesn't say much, i just feel bad for him for having to put up with her

Me: I how are you *smile*
    SC: -No answer, throws candy on my counter
    Me: -I ring her candy through, "Ok, your total is $20*something*"
    SC: WHAT?! HOW MUCH WERE THOSE?!
    Me: Well, the big bag was $9, the medium bag was $7, and the small bag was $1.66
    SC: WELL TAKE THAT OFF!!!!!
    Me: -Voided the large bag of candy
    SC: Can I get cash back?!?!
    Me: Yeah, when you use debit
    SC: *Loud grunt of frustration and anger*
    SC:*Swipes card* They need to put the signs up better!!! Rawr rawr rawr"
    Me: -Started to tune her out, her receipt prints out- "Here's your receipt, have a nice day!" *Thinking "SHUT THE F%^& UP ALREADY"*
    SC: DID YOU HEAR WHAT I SAID?!?!
    Me: -I can't really say much without my voice shaking- "I don't put the signs up"
    SC- *Rawr rawr rawr rawr* She said something about how I should tell someone.

-ok, 1) sure, maybe i'll go tell someone, but I'm not going to do it RIGHT THIS SECOND because guess what? we're BUSY.
    2) halloween is today, that candy is gonna be moving around tonight since they're going to bust out all the fun x-mas stuff(like they don't have enough out already). All you had to do was say "hey i don't want that candy," That bag was the next size up from the medium bag, of COURSE it's going to be more

You dont get many scs? Damn I want your job. Seems like a good 50% of the people that come in here have something negative to say, even if its just a small thing like "wow I didn't know it would cost that much" or "you look tired" or, in response to the mandatory customer-service-peon-question "how are you today?," I get "you dont wanna know" or "im alive" or "same shit different day" or "not well at all but i wont bore you with all that" and I want to say "thanks because it was a rhetorical fucking question."

Comment

Ooh, that happens to me too. When I get a really bad SC, I turn red on my face and chest and neck and I start shaking and my voice shakes too. Also, my brain-to-mouth filter often fails on me. So it's best that I say very little to the idiots.

Comment

Working...
      X