Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"¿Dónde está su cerebro?"(Or, where is your brain!?)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the female work enviroment problems have alot to do with how women tend not to have as much team participation growing up as guys seem to. Every place I have ever worked I have noticed that girls who had heavy sports or any other type of team involvement got along with other workers (most especially girls) better than girls who had no view of other women except as rivals for male attention.
    The best revenge is to be unlike him who performed the injury. - Marcus Aurelius
    If you're slower than me, stupider than me, and you taste good...you're dinner - Anthony Bourdain

Memento mori.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
      Lesson the second. If someone hits your junk, beat the snot out of him. Politely though.
      In paintballing - it happens. If they did it deliberately then it's another matter

And yeah - WTH was wrong with those douches. I used to play a lot (still have my old, tricked out, Inferno around somewhere) but even in the UK "This is a weapon, it can frell someone up. Only use it in designated environments, follow the safety rules and never point it at someone who's not wearing protection"
      Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

I work mostly with other women. I find that it's the younger women who get all pissy and try to play the dominance game. I don't care, but if they try to play the dominance game with me I will give them a verbal smack down that they never see coming.
        Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

I do not like most women, and I am one...
          When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
            Khiras, you're salaried? Are you a manager? Because that would explain a lot -- like benefits and how you get away with the stuff you do.
            Yes and yes...thought you knew that part already :P

I really don't get away with much though...bossman actually comes down on me pretty quickly if I screw up That said, I'm well known as being one of the most "off-kilter" (read: weird) staff members in the whole hotel, so there's a certain eccentricity that they've adjusted to on my end over the past few years. Other than that...hell, my benefits are the same as everyone else's :P

I should also note on the women thing that my view is somewhat biased, as I've now had 5 women in the department who were, for lack of any other term, aggravating. They went as follows:

-One was rabid, would go for the throat...with no cause. She would flip out on people with no provocation, and was eventually fired because of it. When she got in trouble for screaming at random people, she would be surprised, and would then try to throw her fellow employees (and her "friends") under the bus.
            -Two were habitual liars...and both got caught stealing. They were the classic high school gossiper types, but they were both older than I am. Basically, any time you were out of a room, you could be sure that they were talking about you. If you were in the room, they were talking about someone else instead.
            -The last two were not bad, but when they were around the first one, they would feed off of her and become just as bad. Once the first one left, they evened out, and neither one was fired (one moved back home, other is still here and has remained evened out ).

This is not to say I hate working with women...I have a few in the department, and one of my employees who just moved to Vegas was one of my favorites in the world, also a woman. That said...I think the comment about men being like wolves is fairly accurate The problem is, I only stay amused for so long, and seeing my people go for one another's throats gets old after the first 60 seconds or so.

Quoth Bramblerose View Post
            Step back for a second and assess teh situation- I gather chiquita on the phone was a problem- beinging bad juju down on the shift? Or does the other feel hopelessly put-upon? That's the problem.
            Neither...the entire issue came up because chiquita's supervisor couldn't find her for over an hour...on graves, this is huge, since we don't have many people on site and we have to look out for one another. When he found her, she was sitting in an area with a camera on her cell phone, so he asked my employee (girl #2) to see how long she was there on the recordings.

Phone girl decided to go for my person's throat because of that, which is what puts me in a dark mood, since I don't let anyone yell at my people for doing their jobs properly.

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
            well if I had your number I'd call when you're awake
            Please don't...my throat hurts and I have to train someone tonight, it's already downright painful
            "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
            "What IS fun to fight through?"
            "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

After reading several of your post Khiras, I really wish we could see some of the camera footage from your work, I really want to see you drop a customer.
              If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
                Please don't...my throat hurts and I have to train someone tonight, it's already downright painful
                ok... so some other night when you're feeling better
                If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
                  Me: Awesome of them to tell me this beforehand...I was planning on taking a massive dump that morning.
                  BM: Thanks for the info...well, I'll let you get back to bed.
                  Me: Ok...thanks BM.
                  In my infinite maturity, I just couldn't stop laughing at this.

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
                  -One was rabid
                  -Two were habitual liars...
                  -The last two were not bad, but when they were around the first one, they would feed off of her and become just as bad.
                  Big snip just to save space.

These traits aren't really female specific, I've seen plenty of guys doing the same thing. I'm not saying I don't know exactly what you mean, though. I worked in an all female environment. Let's just say that I was very, VERY glad I worked in the backroom when everyone's monthly cycle lined up just right. Or maybe I should say just wrong.

Hope you feel better soon!
                  "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
                    Paintball Madness

Fun fact about me, I'm an avid paintballer. I don't have the time to do it as much as I like, but I do enjoy getting out there and playing quite a bit. That said, I started at 13...13 years ago...and the FIRST thing I learned was the basic rules of paintballing:

1) Gun plugs in when you're not on the field, and safeties on.
                    2) Never fire a gun when someone's around without a mask on.
                    3) Never take your mask off on the field for ANY reason.
                    4) Never...ever...EVER fire a gun at someone in public.

A car full of idiots violated rule #4 tonight, shooting 2 of my fellow employees, and marking up the side of my building a bit. This angers me more than it should, particularly because they are exactly the reason Paintball has gotten such a bad rap over the years.
                    KhirasHy, I feel you on that one. I'm an airsofter and former paintballer. I hate hate hate when someone misuses a marker or AEG it really burns me up. I don't want have any negative attention attracted to the sport that I have spent a ton of money and time to enjoy.
                    Also.. Horay #@! Mart Guns. They are so cheap and avalible, any idiot can purchase them. I bet you $20 that the marker used to shoot your employees was not a high dollar marker, and was a "back yard" special sold at a big box retailer.

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
                    Things ended rather comically, in retrospect, and it's best described by the way it appears on video. You see me, one of my guys, and the two valet employees standing in the way of this moron. As he continues to get in my face, one of the valet guys paces behind him...then you see him pointing at the guy from behind, as if to say "TARGET", and walk back in front of him (and behind me). The next thing happens in the span of about 6 frames of camera footage: A cop pops out from behind a tree, twists one of SC's arms behind him while putting an arm across his neck, and SC is pulled behind the tree. It's like something out of a comedy. Thus ends our wonderful event of trespassing and drunk and disorderly.
                    I do love this move. I have seen it done twice. Once was in London. There was a panhandler in the subway system harassing the commuters. The transport police came thru snagged him and pulled him thru what looked to me to be a solid wall. *Secret Door FTW!* Poof!! Gone. Whole thing lasted three seconds.

The other one happened in Atlanta there was a guy downtown who was smashed drunk and was bundled up by two police officers one under each arm and taken into a side street where there was a waiting police car. They moved him off the main street to avoid making a scene and because if the public does not see anything... well there is no problem.
                    "Wow, that has to be the best genital analogy EVER. "

Comment

Working...
                    X