Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have memory just like the computer you broke.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have memory just like the computer you broke.

Funny thing about SC's, they don't think we remember them. Or they get mad when we don't, one or the other. But the perpetual one that makes me laugh is the woman who every week pretends it is her first time at the lab. She waits till we are slammed and EW's all over the place. Or wants us to hold her hand through ordering prints, filling out envelopes or using the computers. Last time she was in she shoved her memory card from her camera in to the slot so hard it broke the back of the slot even as we were telling her to stop.

We aren't allowed to ban her or make her pay the damages but today I got a tiny bit of satisfaction. We close at 8 on sundays for pick up but we stop printing an hour earlier so we can get all the orders finished packed and still give us time to clean and wait on customers till we close. 7 had just hit and I told the last woman on one of or kiosks that when she finished I would shut it down, to not let anyone else use it, just tell me when she was done and I would pack up her instant prints. I hear a few minutes later in a familiar voice "she said it was okay." Since I am the only woman working Sunday night she must have meant me which is none too bright. They call me "the mean one" for a reason. So I walk back over see precious brat at the kiosk preparing to start an order. Now i wait till the very last print of the others woman's order drops into the catch slot and I shut off the switch on the back of the machine and scoop up the customers prints and put them in an envelope and ask her to follow me to thE check out.
    To my perpetual pain I say, "I am so sorry but we stop printing at 7 [it is 7:15 at this point) and the machine is shut off for the night. (like every other Sunday that you try this)."
    The EW woman squeaks, "But I only need 10 prints and this is my first time here! You should make an exception for a new customer."

"Sorry I am not allowed."
    New? She had come in 45 minutes earlier and picked up a custom order, reprints which cost us more than we made on the project and 4 rolls of damaged film she left in her car that we technically can't charge development on even though we did develop them because none of the pictures turned out. And I cringed as she walked in because if she isn't EW she needs massive help on the simplest tasks.

At least I got to stop her before she damaged another machine. (Sundays she also pokes the off machines and screams "Why won't these work!" every Sunday after they are shut off but before we are allowed to leave. And she is always amazed I recognize her every week and say, "They are off at 7 just like last week and the week before." There are not many cross eyed, dye jobbed, pidgen toed women with 3 kids who would be dim enough to do the same dumb thing 12 weeks in a row and not figure out the hours of operation on a business apply to EVERYONE.

I've got a customer like that. Sort of. She orders a cake about once every two weeks. When she gets it, she always complains about something on it and demands to have it for free. She got the first one or two, then we caught on to her game. Now we make her write out the order herself, then sign it, then we make a copy of it for ourselves. So when she orders a cake now, and complains, we whip out our copy of her signed order form and show her that she got EXACTLY what she asked for. Ooooh that pisses her off. And she's so damned surprised that we remember her. She's about 300 lbs, 5 foot even, and has 4 children who never stop screaming unless they're breaking my store, and has the worst case of entitledwhoreitis I've ever seen. How could I possibly remember her??

Comment

Why in the name of all that's supposedly holy are you forbidden from banning that woman? I could understand (though I still wouldn't condone) keeping her around if she was just demanding, but when she actually damages equipment on a regular basis, she must be costing more than you could possibly get from her.
      The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

... or at least make fun of her...

"New customer? Ma'am you've been here every week... you've even broken our equipment. And now you think you're entitled to favors?" then just laugh at her until she runs away...

but she'd probably complain about the abuse

Comment

As painstaking as it may be, learn her name and call her by it as much as you can. Especially when she says she's a new customer.

The only downside to calling her on her suckiness is she may transition it to the "I spend a lot of money here" EW.

CH
          Some People Are Alive Only Because It Is Illegal To Kill Them

Comment

We are not allowed to ban someone unless the cause $500 worth of damage and proving it is hard. They blame the equipment (aka it was broken when I touched it) and the guy who makes the determination is not... um... well... bright... Yeah that's the one.

As to learning her name the other guy I work with tried that. It causes barnacleitis she clings to you like the last plank of wood in the ocean and she is 100 miles from shore. He learned that the hard way.

Comment

Quoth Aislin View Post
              It causes barnacleitis she clings to you like the last plank of wood in the ocean <snip>

Damn good thing I put down my water before I read that. "Barnacleitis" is the absolute perfect word to describe those extra-clingy customers.
              The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post

Damn good thing I put down my water before I read that. "Barnacleitis" is the absolute perfect word to describe those extra-clingy customers.
                I typically refer to a clingy customer as a "Spoony," as in he/she needs to be "Spoon-fed" but Like Barnacleitis as well!
                Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

Quoth Aislin View Post
                  It causes barnacleitis she clings to you like the last plank of wood in the ocean and she is 100 miles from shore.
                  Gooseneck, or Acorn?

What???
                  Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Every night I close the lab down, I ALWAYS get some "genius" at the turned off machine and while stabbing at it say "is/are the machine not working?" Every night! and even the closers now still get that same question. But the closed sign is so hard to read along with any other sign so putting one up would be a complete waste of tree. Then there are the ones you have to hold their hand through the whole process. Some I can understand but others.....GRRRRR!!!
                    "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

Ah, other photo lab people here!

Our big problem is the big wigs. Starting Sunday, they want the lab to close early to save those precious payroll dollars, so they get their bonus! Problem is that we are getting into our busy season shortly.

"Oh, I don't like my face, so I'll just rip my nose off!!!"

Comment

Working...
                      X