This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freaking kids...

(Say the title in a Comic Book Guy voice for best effect. XD)

Starring the following: (not real names)

Collegue #1: Jim
    Collegue #2: Lisa
    Security Guard: Jeff
    Me: Well, me. XD

This happened yesterday. We had this group of kids; youngest aged roughly around 12, oldest around 14; hanging out by the air pump. Not only were they mucking around with the air pump (taking the water hose and spraying each other with it, yanking on the air hose) but they were on their bikes going up and down the kerb doing tricks and riding all over the forecourt.

At least five customers had near misses with the little brats; including one guy who was really shaken after being forced to slam his brakes on to avoid one little sh*t who cycled right at him. Cuz there was just Jim and I in the petrol station, we could not go out there to tell the brats to eff off, so we called Jeff. He was dealing with a shoplifter, so couldn't come straight away. As soon as Lisa returned from her break, Jim went out and told the kids to clear off.

They left. Peace reigned... for about 20 minutes, then the brats were back with their kamikaze bicycle tricks. -.- This time, Lisa went out to get rid of them. They swore at her and were really rude. She was absolutely fuming, as were the customers who'd tangled with the brat pack. One customer said that the kids needed a good hiding; which was echoed by everyone else. The kids left after Lisa got rid of them... only to return 10 minutes later. FFS.

Enough was enough. Jim called thru to the store and asked them to send Jeff over right away, or if he was still tied up with the shoplifter, then to send a couple of guys over from checkouts to deal with the kids. Jeff was able to come over, so he did. He chucked the kids out of the place and told them that if they came back, then the police would be called. They didn't come back. Shame really, as watching the brat pack being hauled into police cars would have been amusing, at the very least. XD
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

"You think your bikes are so hot? Let's see how cool they look under the wheels of my truck."

Comment

Lace,

If this happens again ring your local Constabulary and ask for some PCSOs to come down and deal with the little hoodlums, kiddlywinks very soon learn that if they misbehave PCSOs pop to the parents and inform them what they're 'little darlings' are up to.
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I would have just called the police, especially after one of them almost ran into a car, that's unsafe and they need to learn a lesson.
        http://footloosecomic.com Pirate Faeries!!

Comment

We will next time, now that they've been officially warned by the security guard. We need that, by the way, as proof against the brats' parents who might come and accuse us of meanness. -.-

Sadly, if they keep on acting like that, their lesson will be learned under the wheels of a car. O.o
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

we had a couple of those kids in the WM parking lot, buncha tweenyboppers, they were acting like, Lace's wre. One cut me off and then the girl purposefully fell off her bike , i was horrified, i thought I hit the kid, I get out of my car, she gets up, and says"Ha! nbet you thought you hit me loser!" . Later they tried the same thing with an ambulance and a cop car, neither the cops or the paramedics were amused. So yeah Lace, call Johnny Law are their asses if these idiots come back, and see if you can get a copy of the police report, so you have evidence that you wren't mean to the pwecious snookums.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
              Sadly, if they keep on acting like that, their lesson will be learned under the wheels of a car. O.o
              Proof for whom? The PCSOs don't need it, and if said PCSO takes 'widdle pweshus' home they will have all the proof they need.

Comment

Just how it works where I am; security guard warning first, police second. Blame the manager. -.-
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Just how it works where I am; security guard warning first, police second. Blame the manager. -.-
                  That manager needs a slap, quite frankly.

Comment

Just a thought, but it may not entirely be up to the manager. Back in my fast food days, our parking lot would become prime loitering territory for the high school and college set. They'd block the whole driveway and then our store, which happened to be open 24 hrs, had to go out and yell to get them to move so customers could still enter the drive-thru. If we called the cops, we were told that unless we had it clearly posted that no loitering was allowed and we warned them multiple times, there was absolutely nothing the cops could do and they wouldn't even bother trying to come and clear the lot out. Yeah, thanks a lot.

Mind you, our problem usually involved cars doing the blocking and not little idiots on bikes. The danger factor was very low, but that didn't make it any less annoying. Even after we got the signs, the cops kept telling us we had to give multiple warnings, etc before they'd even consider coming out.
                    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Has it been pointed out that if an accident does occur, rightly or wrongly, your establishment will get blamed?
                      Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Probably not; and I'm thinking that the poster before you who said that the police require us to have warned the idiot kids first is probably closer to the mark.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Probably not; and I'm thinking that the poster before you who said that the police require us to have warned the idiot kids first is probably closer to the mark.
                          I can catagorically state this is not the case.

Comment

I'm just going by what I was told, and we were told we had to have the security guard warn the kids first. Anyway, they didn't come back, so the situation hasn't arisen.
                            My DeviantArt.

Comment

i say just post a sign of "no horseplay" or however you want to word it, and that "this is your warning"

so then you can call the cops on them right away

Comment

Working...
                              X