This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you really think I'm so stupid

OK, so I can get people trying to scam us... but honestly give some credit to the desk employee, we know how to read our own receipts.

Me- everyone's favorite Night Auditor (ok, second favorite)
    SC- stupid scammer.

Me- ok, and there's your receipt.
    SC- thank you (walks away)

thoughts- damn I'm bored today... (never ever think that at work)
    5 minutes later

SC- you guys overcharged me... it's supposed to be $331.32 a week, this last charge was $378.56
    Me- *looks at receipt and on computer*
    Me- yes sir, because last week you only paid for through thursday, so it is 8 days that you paid for today.
    SC- no, because friday to friday is 7 days.
    Me- yes sir... but either way you look at it you owe for 8 days... either you look at that as you paid for through thursday because thursday was the last charge posted to your account, in which case thursday to friday is 8 days, or let's go ahead and say you paid for friday, as you are trying to convince me, using the same payment standard, you need to pay up until saturday, today, which is still 8 days.
    SC- no, I staid a week, I should only pay 7 days.
    Me- sir, look at the receipt, your payment, which brought your balance to zero, was made before the charges for friday were applied, so the charges sense you paid were, friday, saturday, sunday, monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, and last night friday again... that is 8 days not 7.
    SC- well, when is the manager in, he'll obviously be smart enough to figure out why I was overcharged.
    Me- sir you weren't overcharged, but if you insist on wasting his time and yours he'll be in monday morning around 8.
    SC- *storms off*

oh and before y'all start into me about how rude I was... with the corporate rate he was on, I knew from the second he came back with his receipt that he was going to try to scam me. Every time there has been a billing dispute with employees of that company it has turned out to be a scamming attempt... in fact it is assumed that at time of check in we can count on at least one of any group of them checking in will try to scam us before the group checks out. You may ask why we put up with them? I'm glad you did, we put up with them because they average between 150 and 175 room nights a month on a slow month... over 200 on a busy month.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Wow, how amazing, you saw through his brilliant scheme!!

Ok, seriously, put that guy in front of Sesame Street with the Count. He desperately needs it.

Good for you, standing up to him, although it sucks you have to put up with it at all because of all the business they bring in. Kinda like having to deal with some of the departmental big wigs from BSU at my store. They come over because we give a faculty/staff discount whereas the on campus, official bookstore doesn't. And naturally because they're a professor/secretary/provost/janitor we must all WANT to spend 2.5 hours of our lives waiting on them hand and foot, answering every stupidly inane question because it just shows how much we appreciate what they do for the school and we should be thankful they ALWAYS come into OUR store and ask to see us by name because we have nothing better to do than fawn over their awesomeness!

What? Oh, no, I'm not bitter and opinionate at all, whatever gave you THAT idea...?

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
      What? Oh, no, I'm not bitter and opinionate at all, whatever gave you THAT idea...?
      oh no, not bitter and opinionated at all... just like I don't twitch every time I see a certain company's rate code on my arrivals list for the day...

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
        oh no, not bitter and opinionated at all... just like I don't twitch every time I see a certain company's rate code on my arrivals list for the day...
        Dost thou doubt mine claim??

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
          Dost thou doubt mine claim??
          I think the lady dost protest too much (i'm not sure what that has to do with anything but I've wanted to say that for a while )

Comment

Really off topic:
            Smiley, I just happened to scroll down and see your avatar... dancing... in time to the song that was playing on my computer (9 to 5, by Dolly Parton) I've never seen your avatar dance before...
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Holy crap, it dances in time with the crappy "Keep on Dancing" song on the work radio!

Hey Smiley, I did the math. Holy crapola man, $47 (approximately, I rounded down) a night AFTER taxes?! Shit that guy is so lucky! I want rates like that!

....Will your owners sell for a buck??
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

In my job, I have to do payroll for watchstanders. I had one A/B (Able Seaman) who was always trying to pull-off some type of scam on his overtime hours. Our inport watches are almost always 8 hours long, and if they're from 5 PM to 8 AM (that is, from 'knock-off time' until 'time to go to work' the next morning), then you get paid overtime for those hours. A 'midwatch' is from midnight to 8 AM; 8 hours. This guy once put it down as 9 hours, with this explanation: "Mate, 12 o' clock is one hour, 1 o'clock is another hour ... " while counting them doen on his fingers, until he listed each of the nine "o'clock" hours off seperately. "See, Mate, that's really nine hours!" I wonder if he ever, ever got away wih that?
                Who hears all your prayers? Why, the NSA, of course!

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                  Hey Smiley, I did the math. Holy crapola man, $47 (approximately, I rounded down) a night AFTER taxes?! Shit that guy is so lucky! I want rates like that!

??
                  yup, $42 per night before tax...

Comment

Our discounted (corporate rates) are generally around 70-75$ a night sans tax.
                    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                      Our discounted (corporate rates) are generally around 70-75$ a night sans tax.
                      that's what our rack normally is

Comment

Our rack rate is normally $99-$130 depending on the season. When corporate tells us to, we've raised our rates as high as $299 a night.

Have I mentioned I worked at a 2-2 1/2 star Business class hotel?

Comment

For long term stays during the summer, we're about $25 a night...
                          Apparently that just covers the costs of housekeeping, etc. Absolutely no profit on it, and maybe a loss.
                          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

yup, $42 per night before tax...
                            Holy crap that's cheap. That's even lower than the Motel 6 behind us that costs $43.99 a night.
                            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

for all the people pointing out our low rate... may I remind you that this is Salt Lake City... our rates are always pretty low... there are 4 times a year when we will get twice our normal rate and still sell out, then the rest of the year we limp along...

Comment

Working...
                              X