Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The craziest customer I've had in a while...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The craziest customer I've had in a while...

... was today. He wasn't an SC, and I guess he wasn't really a customer at all, just asked for information about local businesses but he was... I'd equal him to GK's Uncle Phil calls.

Short guy, wearing shorts, dirty shoes and a filthy t-shirt, kinda grubby looking and smelled like he looked.

He first asked me about being able to use our computers. Well, not our computers, just be able to hook his laptop to our internet and us it. We don't so that, so he asked about using our computers to check his news sites. I directed him to a computer store about a block away that had computers for public use.

He then starts telling me the story of how the library in his home town (forgot to mention that, he's from out of town) banned him because of the 'news sites' he was viewing. He doesn't get his news from the regular news sites because the government controls all of those... no no no he gets his news only from a Russian site that keeps getting blocked by the US government, especially after the story that they broke about the BP oil spill that was actually caused by a Russian mini-sub that was launched from a Cuban oil tanker a hundred miles from the oil rig, and how the US government is covering it up because...

And that's where I stopped listening. There was a customer waiting right behind him, whom I took over to a different till and rang through, all while the guy is trying to tell me about how the banks are... doing something, I really don't know.

Finally I told him, "Look, I'd like to stand here and chat with you but I am at work here and I have work that needs to get done." I then gave him his directions again and started to walk away.

He stepped after me saying "And did you know that the...", so I turned around and said "Thank you, have a nice day" and walked away. He looked around for a minute after that and then left without another word.

I wish I could have said what I wanted to, but I'm sure that wouldn't have gone off quite as well. Which is probably for the best.

I sort-of know a guy who works at that computer store... maybe I'll ask if he had anyone interesting in the store today...
    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
    ...I sort-of know a guy who works at that computer store... maybe I'll ask if he had anyone interesting in the store today...
    Don't let them know that you are the referrer...

Unless you really want your head used for the Alferd G. Packer Memorial Original Style Polo Jubilee.
    Last edited by dalesys; 08-12-2012, 02:23 PM.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Funny you should mention Packer... I picked up that movie a couple of weeks ago and haven't watched it yet. Maybe tonight.
      "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Working...
      X