This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colour me shocked

So I handed in my notice today, to one of the ASMs (Assistant Managers). She actually did call me over a few minutes later to ask if I wanted to discuss my reasons for leaving ("Problems? Fewer hours?" Um, well, yeah, that LAST one would've helped but it's too late now. Although I now wonder if things might have been different if I'd gone to HER instead of always asking the Scheduler to cut my hours, which resulted in nothing whatever being done. Oh well.)

I smiled and said "Not really." She assured me if ever I did want to talk about it, my identity would be kept completely confidential.

I am 63, which is fairly close to getting the full retirement benefits (assuming the current provincial government doesn't fuck things up even more -- NO FRATCHING ). So it's not like I'm some 20-year-old with decades of work ahead of me, having to worry that something I say now might come back to haunt me in 20 years.

I've been advised by several on this group not to say anything, and on the one hand I'm inclined to go with that. On the other hand, this is why companies never fix anything ... because nobody speaks up.

Oh, and my last shift is in The Dead Zone. How appropriate is THAT.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Congratulations!

As you say, it's not likely to come back & bite you, so now you're on the way out anyway it might be worth discussing it, especially if you think this might actually be someone who'll listen. It's unlikely to change much at that place, but it may help others elsewhere someday?
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

At 63,it's more likely that you'll be coming back to haunt them in 20 years...
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
        At 63,it's more likely that you'll be coming back to haunt them in 20 years...
        Of course, if she's haunting them, it's obvious that she didn't rack up enough karma points to go to a more pleasant place. Not sure where Hades would rate on that scale, but at least there's a working system in place.

Comment

Working...
        X