This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How nice was this ...

So as I've written elsewhere, our store is closing, which means we are now in the midst of "Please buy everything so we don't have to pack it up!!" sales.

We have large red circles on some of our wall tins (the giant tins that hold the teas, from which we measure out a customer's requested amount). The circles mean that what's in the tin is all we have; once the tin is empty, that tea is gone.

Customer comes in to buy two teas in particular. One is a fruit-based tea (not tea, if you want to get really persnickety; the base substance is actually rooibos.) This tin has the Red Dot of Doom on it and there is roughly 100g (4 oz) left in the depths of the tin.

Me: "Do you want to take all of this? There's not much left."

Customer: "Sure, sounds good."

Me (just making conversation now): "Good idea. I was gonna pick up some of this myself; it makes really nice iced tea."

As I'm print off the label and the scanning ticket with the price, the customer asks if I can split the rooibos into two bags.

Me (surprised): "Sure ... but why?"

Customer: "Well, you said you were going to buy some, and I didn't want to take it all if you wanted some ..."

Awwww, seriously??

I thanked her profusely and added that I have SO bloody much tea at home at the moment (true) that I really do not need any more. I said my philosophy at this point is that if there's a quantity of a tea that I like still in the store on the last day, I will buy some -- if not, it wasn't meant to be.

I am definitely gonna miss SOME of our customers.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Awesome. It's nice to see that there still are some good people out there.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

Working...
    X