Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FL - Yep. Mine were Louisiana-specific "Coke" referring to ALL sodas, in particular, is most common within 50 miles or so of New Orleans; "mynez" is NOLA vernacular. "Pepsi, please" is considered a valid response to the question, "What kind of Coke would you like?"...Assuming you can find a restaurant that serves it. Mostly just national chains that have a contract with PepsiCo (e.g. Papa John's) or are actually part of the same conglomerate (e.g. Taco Bell).
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I am from Kentucky (from Louisville, in fact, where the Brown Hotel is located) and Hot Brown isn't a slang term. It's the actual name of a dish, so called because it was created by a chef at the Brown Hotel. Otherwise you'd have to call it that bread-turkey-sauce-bacon-tomato thing.

As for where I now live, I've been here 6 weeks and have never heard anyone say 'hot minute', although it is very hot!
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I think we're all forgetting about "dang ol'" (or is it "dang ole"), and dad gum...
        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Everywhere else, it would be called "pulled pork." We call it barbecue.
          This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
            Everywhere else, it would be called "pulled pork." We call it barbecue.
            That's because you're doing it wrong.

Here in Texas, "Barbecue" is generally brisket.

Sometimes it's beef ribs. If we smoke pork butt, we call it "pulled pork".
            Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
              That's because you're doing it wrong.

Here in Texas, "Barbecue" is generally brisket.

Sometimes it's beef ribs. If we smoke pork butt, we call it "pulled pork".
              We got here first.
              This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Working...
              X