This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We don't have a bathroom

Well, actually, we do, but we got sick of cleaning up the mess that people leave so we changed the rules. Now I get this:
    (The following took place between the hours of 4pm and 9pm Eastern Time. All characters are entirely non-fictional, any and all similarities are intended. The situations described henceforth is recollected to the best of my abilities. I herein state I have left out no small detail and if I have I will rectify as soon as possible.)

Customer that Neeeeeeds the Loo: Where's your bathroom? -Looks expectant-
    RW: (No please?) Unfortunately, we don't have one.
    Loo-Customer: What do you mean you don't have one? I have to use the bathroom. -Still looks expactant-
    RW: (Whaddaya want me to do about it?) Closest bathroom as the crow flys is Wally World, by time is Papa's. If you use Papa's then it'd be polite to buy a soda or something for them letting you use their bathroom.
    Loo-Customer: Then what am I supposed to do with my cart? -Still looks expectant-
    RW: (why are you looking at me like that?) You can leave it right here, I can make sure no one goes off with it.
    Loo-Customer: ...fine. I'll Be. Right. Back. -tottles...SLOWLY....off-

Customer's Brother comes by looking for his Sister's stuff (about 30 minutes or so later).

Customer's Brother: -In a demanding tone- How come you don't have a bathroom?
    RW: It's not a requirement for a small retail store to have one.
    Customer's Brother: -Glare- Then what do you do when you've got to go?
    RW: I go to Papa's or to Wally World.
    Customer's Brother: -Still glaring, but now looks expectant- You should have a bathroom built.
    RW: We don't really need one, but if you feel that strongly about it you'd have to take it up with the new property manager.
    Customer's brother: -Sneers at me, pays for his Sister's stuff, and leaves.-

For the people that do know that we have a bathroom and tries to weedle the permission out of me, I tell them it's Corporate Policy now and I am unable to break it because I like my job. They still sneer at me and wander off.

I'm getting sick of the sneering.
    Last edited by RetailWorkhorse; 07-22-2008, 03:10 PM. Reason: fixed a word.
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
    I'm getting sick of the sneering.
    Take comfort in knowing that behind those sneers is a bladder ready to burst. :-)
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

The next time they ask where you go potty, tell them "There's a bucket outside the back door."
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

The bucket out back is used for SM C's and 2nd ASM D's cigarette butts. I don't think they'd appreciate someone using that particular bucket for someone's....body excrements.
        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

It shuts the idiot customers up, though. Trust me.

I am blas87 the Wise, the Experienced...
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Retail, where every store stocks every item you could ever possibly need, and is equipped with every amenity known to man.

My word.

Comment

I worked in a retail furniture store for 10 years, and we always allowed anyone who came into the store to use the facilities and the phone (this was before cell phones). The bathrooms were one holers. A ladies and a gentlemans.

But no good deed goes unpunished. Several times we found where someone had just peed all over the floor or smeared poop on the walls.

And then there was the time that a man came in and screamed at me, I mean the veins in his neck were bulging because his wife had car trouble and had supposedly walked in and asked to use the phone to call the husband and I had refused. Simply not true. And I tried to tell him that she must have been to the store next door, which did not allow anyone to use their phone or bathrooms. He continued screaming and cursing me until I picked up the phone to call police and told him I was doing so.

I hope his d*ck fell off. What a putz.

Comment

I get people who ask me where the bathroom is all the time, never mind the fact we've got a big sign right by them that says "RESTROOMS."

But the question I get most often from people is "Why don't you have paper towels in the bathrooms?"

And I have to tell them, "Because whenever we put paper towels in the restrooms, people will use it instead of toilet paper, and clog up our plumbing."

And then sometimes I'll get the follow-up, "Well, how am I supposed to dry my hands?"

J2K: Use the air dryers? That's what they're there for.

Me, I bypass the whole thing by using that hand sanitizer stuff.
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

You do realize that hand sanitizer was not designed for post bathroom use?
                  It is more for if you were touching something that someone may have sneezed on . . .passed flu germs too . . .it isn't actually for replacement of hand washing.
                  (as in after bathroom usage, before touching eye contacts, preparing food, handling raw poultry . . .all of these should be followed with actual soap and water hand washing)

Comment

Quoth Emrld View Post
                    You do realize that hand sanitizer was not designed for post bathroom use?
                    , before touching eye contacts, .all of these should be followed with actual soap and water hand washing)
                    not to mention that with the sanitizer and the alcohol in it, that could cause eye damage if it gets on the contact.
                    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

last weekk, our store had both of our bathrooms out of order. i dared my cw J "i'll give you a dollar if, next time someone asks for our bathroom, say 'theres a bush outside...', 2 dollars if it's a woman." he wouldn't do it.

aside: i am a gambler, i will bet on anything given the right odds.
                      I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Quoth Emrld View Post
                        It is more for if you were touching something that someone may have sneezed on . . .passed flu germs too . . .it isn't actually for replacement of hand washing.
                        (as in after bathroom usage, before touching eye contacts, preparing food, handling raw poultry . . .all of these should be followed with actual soap and water hand washing)
                        Or handling cash. You have no idea how filthy paper money is until you use that stuff or wash your hands after handling it all day.
                        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                          Or handling cash. You have no idea how filthy paper money is until you use that stuff or wash your hands after handling it all day.
                          That's probably the biggest reason I'm less likely to chew my finger nails... one night, entirely on impulse, I lifted my finger to my mouth and took a quick nibble, and spat my finger out after I realized I'd been touching money all day, and the bitter taste in my mouth was so bad I almost retched.
                          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Sneer back.

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                            And I have to tell them, "Because whenever we put paper towels in the restrooms, people will use it instead of toilet paper, and clog up our plumbing."
                            We had that problem at Store1, but only in the men's room; they'd stuff them in the urinals. The ladies' was generally more disgusting as messes went, but at least they didn't try to flood the place...

Quoth patiokitty View Post
                            Well, I had this one lady demand to use our bathroom and started trying to quote OSHA regs at me.
                            Isn't OSHA about the employee's safety? Occupational Safety... If you don't work there, go away.
                            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I wish that our restroom is only for employees. We had this one older gentleman that would always use it and leave a mess everywhere. Finally he moved out of his unit and our restrooms in now cleaner.
                              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
                              X