This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edible_hat's idiot drop-in center and coin repository

Man, what a night last night! It was cold and wet and my evening shift was a lot quieter than usual. Having said that, the few people who did turn up were idiots. So here are various stories from the night, in no particular order:

Adding to my pokedex
    I've written before about my encounters with the Itsallthere, a pokemon that does the attacks where it drops large amounts of coins. Last night I had the more evolved version, Iswearitsright. Iswearitsright waits for you to verify that the payment is in fact correct, but it gives you a lot more money than the Itsallthere. And you can't refuse to accept $30 of 20 cent coins because Iswearitsright has already put the petrol in its pokemobile and has no other form of payment.

You mean the account has to have money in it?
    SC got $4 of fuel (which at today's prices is 2.7 liters, or around three quarters of a gallon). Wanted to pay $3 cash and $1 on eftpos.
    The eftpos declined.
    "Here's another ten cents. Try it for 90 cents."
    Declined.
    "Another 50 cents. Try it for 40 cents."
    Declined.
    "I think I have some more change in the car."

On the phone
    "Hello, [store], Ed speaking."
    "What's the weather like at the airport?" (no greeting or anything)
    "Cold and wet and you should stay home."
    "OK thanks."
    I managed to not laugh until after I'd hung up the phone.

They don't even have Hot 'n' Spicy
    SC: "Do you have firelighters here?"
    Me: "They're somewhere in the grocery section."
    SC: "You mean the shop next door?" (next door is a chicken shop similar to KFC. All the signs point to them being fast food, not grocery)
    Me: "No, the grocery section of this store, over there." (points to the wall with "GROCERY" written in 3-foot tall letters)
    SC: "OK thanks." (goes into the chicken shop, returns, wanders around the entire store, eventually trips over his own untied shoelace and sees what he's looking for, which he then buys).
    Chicken shop worker: (after SC's gone) "I just had an idiot come in and ask if we sell fire lighters."

Obviously they take after you
    This woman with 2 kids came in. Had no idea what she wanted or how much money she had. Neither did the kids. They kept wanting to get things they couldn't afford with their pocket money, and (I assume) their mother kept saying "you can't afford that, you idiot".

Somehow I ended up with $200 of change in my drawer. That's half my float. I swapped most of it for notes with the guy on the next shift, who likes having lots of coins.

Quoth edible_hat View Post
    Iswearitsright
    Bwarg? ... I swear it's right? I kept trying to read that as Is wear its right...
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
      Bwarg? ... I swear it's right? I kept trying to read that as Is wear its right...
      The SC basically put the $30 of coins on the counter and said "I swear it's right". The other one I mentioned did the same thing but said "It's all there".

Comment

Don't worry Juwl, I can't read either. I had to read the hot n' spicy part three times because I couldn't figure out what type of store had FIREFIGHTERS in the grocery section

Comment

You guys are so weird. I read it just fine.

Ed, I'd like to visit your fine establishment just so I can ask you where the "fire lighters" are.
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Chicken shop worker: (after SC's gone) "I just had an idiot come in and ask if we sell fire lighters."

That is classic.

Comment

i swear its right stopped me alittle but then hi i am me been there done that, the firelights stumped me a for a bt but my brain worked it out on the three read

Comment

A fire lighter is an aim-n-flame right?

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
                  A fire lighter is an aim-n-flame right?
                  If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's a misnomer (sort of). They're about the size of a pebble that is highly flammable, but doesn't burn up that quickly. You pour them into the fire you want as a form of fuel (like charcoal.. but better).

So they don't actually 'light' the fire, but starts it burning once you've lit them.

Yes - Hat??

Slyt
                  When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

"Hello, [store], Ed speaking."
                    "What's the weather like at the airport?" (no greeting or anything)
                    "Cold and wet and you should stay home."
                    "OK thanks."
                    You're so helpful.

SC: "Do you have firelighters here?"
                    I swear that said "firefighters". I want one (a firefighter).
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post

I swear that said "firefighters". I want one (a firefighter).
                      Go set the chicken shop on fire, you'll find one eventually.

Comment

The SC basically put the $30 of coins on the counter and said "I swear it's right". The other one I mentioned did the same thing but said "It's all there".
                        It's actually the same critter. It's just that the It'sallthere evolved, and turned into the Iswearit'sright.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Blinky View Post
                          Go set the chicken shop on fire, you'll find one eventually.
                          Good one.

Actually a bunch come into the store that I work at, but...they come in before I get there. *pout*

At least we occasionally get a cute cop on duty at night.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Slytovhand View Post
                            If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's a misnomer (sort of). They're about the size of a pebble that is highly flammable, but doesn't burn up that quickly. You pour them into the fire you want as a form of fuel (like charcoal.. but better).

So they don't actually 'light' the fire, but starts it burning once you've lit them.

Yes - Hat??

Slyt
                            That's the stuff. Little cubes of a parafin type substance. Redheads now makes a version with match head stuff at one end, sort of a match and firelighter all in one.

Comment

Working...
                            X