This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They'll never catch on

Ok, so I'm sure most people are familiar with my store's debit and credit only cash lanes.
    These lanes have NO tills, and I assume this much would be obvious considering we don't accept any cash at them whatsoever.
    At least once a day I get asked, "Do you do cashback?"

Let's see... I'm standing at a till that does not accept cash and has no tray.
    Do I do cashback?
    Well sure, let me just call the store leprechaun to ride the unicorn over to the money tree where your cashback will magically appear.

I can understand asking this at a register that accepts cash, but when we've already established that I do NOT, where do you expect this cashback to appear from?

Makes me wonder why some people are even allowed out of the house.

Uh, no, I've never heard of a store that doesn't accept cash. What store is this?

Comment

Quoth vloglady View Post
      Uh, no, I've never heard of a store that doesn't accept cash. What store is this?
      I think a few lanes are credit/debit only and the rest are regular lanes.

Comment

Quoth vloglady View Post
        The store DOES accept cash, but we have certain lanes that only accept credit and debit, as indicated by the signs no one ever reads.
        This store is IKEA, and this trend of splitting the lanes has been going on in my store (and so far as I know others are well) for about... ooooh... a year and a half to two years now?

People have tried to bitch that we're breaking the law by not accepting Canadian currency, when in fact we are. Just a specific lanes only, which we are perfectly within our rights to do.

There are about 22 signs telling customers that certain lanes are debit and credit only, and yet every day without fail there are at least 10 people who act shocked that you don't accept cash.
        Well, try paying attention.

Comment

Working...
        X