Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think National Idiot Week has started.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth crazylegs View Post
    Point two. I do beleive that goes down as SC 0 TPG (insert ludicrously high score here).
    SC: 0 TPG: ∞ Seriously good pwnage!

Dang, that jerk has some serious anger management issues. I recommend some Salmon Therapy:
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth ThePhoneGoddess View Post
      You don't want a cheesburger. Can I interest you in some fish?
      They can't not has cheezburger....

Sorry, couldn't resist
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I'm taking this call and dealing with this British guy's order. Suddenly I notice his email address, which he used to place the order and is, in fact, displayed prominently on my screen: nomuff2tuff@fakeaddress.uk
        Slightly OT: Having a stupid email address on your resume is grounds for having your unemployment payments cut off (at least in Australia). Because you're not allowed to do stupid things that lower your chances of getting a job. Would you give a job to elvis_the_chicken, youfugginmoron or crazy_matty?

Comment

... M-my deepest sympathies. *hugs* O_O

It's rainin', rainin', on the streets of New York City.

Comment

You are friggin' awesome!

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
              Would you give a job to elvis_the_chicken
              Well.... having a sense of humor is practically a required skill when working with/for my boss (dad). As long as he handled the interview fine I wouldn't have a problem.

*family business with two non-family employees... If we like an interviewee we invite them over for dinner/game night. They're hired if they survive.

Comment

Quoth Seenoevil View Post
                Well.... having a sense of humor is practically a required skill when working with/for my boss (dad). As long as he handled the interview fine I wouldn't have a problem.

*family business with two non-family employees... If we like an interviewee we invite them over for dinner/game night. They're hired if they survive.
                What a great interview process. Need an IT guy?
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

SC: Yeah! I'd like a double cheeseburger with bacon! Lots of bacon! With Fries! And a large Pepsi!
                  Me: Hello!
                  SC: And I'd like a chicken sandwich with extra mayonnaisse! With a large fry and a large Pepsi!
                  Me: Hello?
                  SC: Oh! Hi, I was trying to put minutes on my phone. (Loudly) Can I get a total on that please?!
                  Me: All right, what is your cell phone number, sir?
                  SC: It's 123-456-7890. I need a total on that you stupid b$#%^&!
                  Me: ...
                  I HATE when people call me and they are in the midst of a phone call or conversation with someone else.

I'm not physically there, I'm on the other end of a phone line, so I can't tell whom you're addressing, jackass!!
                  Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

Quoth LifeCarnie View Post
                    I HATE when people call me and they are in the midst of a phone call or conversation with someone else.

I'm not physically there, I'm on the other end of a phone line, so I can't tell whom you're addressing, jackass!!
                    Even worse is when folks call me and then ask to put me on hold so they can take another phone call. Invariably these are the same folks who complain about the amount of they've had to wait on hold to get to one of us...
                    Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

Quoth Seenoevil View Post
                      So... what type of games? And were you supposed to play to win, or to politely lose to the future boss?

(If it's "play to win", then I like this place. Well, truth to tell, it also depends on the game. Monopoly... unless playing be the actual rules... forget it. Trivial Pursuit... well, I want a nice pay scale and benefits package. Settlers of Catan... now we're talking. Empires in Arms... I'll take minimum wage. )

Comment

It's amazing how many people use dead people's card actually and guess what if she really is his daughter she inherits the debt anyway so if she got away with it wouldn't help at all

Comment

I don't think she does inheirit the debt. I've never looked it up, but I believe that everything the dead guy owns is sold off to pay the debt, and then the debtors are SOL. A calculated business risk.
                          "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Sylvia727 you are right or at least in Australia you are. Although as far as my understanding is that if they don't have assets to cover the costs the debts are written off and are not the problem of those mentioned on the will, but it also means they get nothing.

Phone Goddess, I wish I could be as quick witted as you rather than just getting nasty with the person which is my way of dealing with these things.
                            Am I sad because I am looking forward to the day when the people I will be dealing with will no longer be able to talk back?

Comment

Is it just me, or is anybody else imagining Tom Lehrer singing this thread?

"Yes it's National Idiot Week,
                              National Idiot Week..."

Comment

Quoth Forensic Waitress View Post
                                Phone Goddess, I wish I could be as quick witted as you rather than just getting nasty with the person which is my way of dealing with these things.
                                Really? I don't consider myself especially witty---Gravekeeper is much wittier than I am. I have simply developed, over my years of phone work, several canned responses to certain situations.

When someone says something completely outlandish or nonsensical (You're prejudiced against dead people? for instance) I respond with "Did you really just say that to me?" They will either stop and think, realizing what a tool they are being, or they will not---at which point I know for a fact they are insane, and am no longer obligated to take them seriously. Cue lots of muting and laughing at them.

If they cuss at me, I say "You will NOT cuss on my line, or I WILL hang up on you, sir!" Either they stop and let me conduct business, or they continue, and I get to hang up on them.

If they are very angry about something not my fault (like the automated systems) I will let them rant for a minute or two and then say in a sickly sweet voice "Let's get your business taken care of so you don't have to wait on the phone any longer, okay?" Usually will calm them and let me help them.
                                Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

Working...
                                X