Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think National Idiot Week has started.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth edible_hat View Post
    Is it just me, or is anybody else imagining Tom Lehrer singing this thread?

"Yes it's National Idiot Week,
    National Idiot Week..."
    I was leaning more towards Jonathon Coulton.

YG: So you're prejudiced against dead people?
    "All we want to do is eat your brains. We're not unreasonable. I mean, no one's going to eat your eyes."
    There is no .sig that still seems clever 50 posts later.

Comment

At anger management guy...

Strike 1: On cell phone

Strike 2: Cursing at drive-through employee

Strike 3: Constantly changing between drive-thru and cell phone conversation

"Strike" 4: Getting his figurative ass kicked by our lovely phonegoddess

So...think strike 4 here should be applied directly to anger management boy's brain?
      Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
      --Unknown

Comment

Quoth DannyboyO1 View Post
        "All we want to do is eat your brains. We're not unreasonable. I mean, no one's going to eat your eyes."
        That is about as logical as my one friend when he was in charge of paying his family's bills. The only one that got paid regularly was the dial-up ISP (this was the 90s). Not the power bill, not the phone bill, both of which are necessary to maintaining an internet connection (at least back then).

Similarly, no brain = no vision (not to mention no vital functions whatsoever). What use are eyes when you can't see/ aren't alive?

/logic

SC
        "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

I used to work cell phone customer service and I took calls just like the ones mentioned in this post day after day after day after day...how I kept my sanity I will never know.

What I can tell you is people ordering fast food/conducting business at a store counter/blabbering to friends in the background happens ALL THE TIME and it never ceased to annoy me to no end.
          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth DannyboyO1 View Post
            Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
            That is about as logical as my one friend when he was in charge of paying his family's bills.
            Dannyboy was quoting a song called "Re: Your Brains" by Jonathan Coulton. It's a novelty song played frequently on the Dr. Demento radio show, particularly around Halloween.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

And, additionally, it's from the chorus of the song, which is a parody of the one-sided and irrational nature of many proposals in workplace negotiations. The entire song is a satire of office life that makes its point by mixing it with a zombie apocalypse.

Comment

Me: Ma'am, I cannot process an order with this card.
                YG: Why not?
                Me: Well, first of all, we need to speak to the cardholder. Second---
                YG: But he's dead!
                Me: Second of all, if he is deceased then the card needs to be cancelled, as he is the only one who is allowed to use it.
                YG: But he's dead.
                Me: Yes, that is why we cannot accept an order with this card.
                Me:...did you really just say that to me, Ma'am?
                YG: Um...yeah.
                Me: That's what I thought. I cannot accept an order with this card. Do you have any cards in your name?
                YG: (sullenly) No. I guess I'll just get a phone through someone else, since you're being such a RETARD! *click*
                What is this strange gelatinous sloshing sensation I feel in my brain region?

<.<
                >.>

Oh. I guess it's more dead brain cells. Damn.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth ThePhoneGoddess View Post
                  So, I'm currently in a multicultural counseling class and we are learning how to be "helpers" to individuals from diverse populations. We've learned about Native Americans, Mexian Americans, Arab Americans, Gay/Lesbians, and the elderly...so I suppose I should tell my instructor that we need to address working with dead people? I mean, I would hate to overlook this population and not be trained to help them and their needs.

I can see one point in such a lesson already: How to help your dead client accept the fact that they are, indeed, dead and cannot use their credit cards anymore.
                  "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth Damien View Post
                    How in the deepest pits of hell do you put up with this day in day out?
                    Probably by looking forward to a minor career change where she only has to put up with cutters and poop eaters: http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=27722

Seriously TPG, I don't know how you folk do it. I think of all the sucky customers I've had (INCLUDING over ten years of bartending, a c-store, food service, and computer clients) and none of them compare with the sheer entitledness of cell phone users. Actually being involved in their asshattery makes my temples throb. Hats off to you and your comrades-in-phones.

Comment

Cell phone callers are indeed EW's. But there is one job I have had which had worse customers: taking calls for the cable company. I've said it before on here and I'll say it again, cable callers are ABSOLUTELY PSYCHO. You could not pay me enough to do that job. I did it temp for 3 months and I ran screaming from that place.

I am currently working on degrees in Multimedia and Film, so my career change will involve getting away from the calls and working with computers and film equipment. You have no idea how much I am looking forward to it.
                      Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

Come to think of it: Every week is National Idiot Week
                        Op.125

Comment

Working...
                        X