Clear All

My brain ran away after reading that.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

The real tragedy here is that this lady is allowed to have and raise children, which will turn out just as stupid as she is.
      Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Wow I am truly saddened by some of the responses I am reading on this thread.

I have to ask . . .did you or the clerk write it out like was suggested above?

product 1099 vs 1199
        acces 100 100
        warty 100 100
        total 1299 vs 1399

and 5 years at 100
        2 years at 50
        2 year at 69 which option would you like?

I know that some people have to see the numbers written out. Just tossing them out in the air doesn't work.

I know it can take a little extra work on your part to write it out - however wouldn't you feel better in the end if the customer left realizing they got a great deal vs thinking you had ripped them off?

Comment

Quoth Darkwish View Post
          I even quote their exact words back to them and they still deny that they said it... and this is via email which also has their original message below as well.
          OMG!! That's pretty bad and sucky to boot!!!
          It's been a long, long, long, long time...

Comment

Why not just let her return everything and get a $1299 refund? Then she can restart at the beginning, get a less accomodating salesperson than before, and pay the current price of $1399.
            Last edited by Ironclad Alibi; 04-29-2008, 01:27 AM. Reason: Grammar correction.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Emrld View Post
              Wow I am truly saddened by some of the responses I am reading on this thread.

I have to ask . . .did you or the clerk write it out like was suggested above?

product 1099 vs 1199
              acces 100 100
              warty 100 100
              total 1299 vs 1399

and 5 years at 100
              2 years at 50
              2 year at 69 which option would you like?

I know that some people have to see the numbers written out. Just tossing them out in the air doesn't work.

I know it can take a little extra work on your part to write it out - however wouldn't you feel better in the end if the customer left realizing they got a great deal vs thinking you had ripped them off?
              The concern I would have there is the customer would decide to feel insulted. Like I'm having to sit them down and go extra slow like they're in the remedial reading class or something.

I think the OP explained it well enough. Something tells me that customer decided she was ripped off before she entered the store and nothing would have changed her mind.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth XXDarrienX View Post
                Apparently in some people's minds basic math is such a vile thing cause it would blow their silly logic out of the water.
                Point in case:

"Is the price 0.002 cents, or 0.002 dollars?"

Sure that one must have internet cult status by now
                ONI HEUIR NI FEDIR

Comment

Quoth karma_gypsy View Post
                  GOODNESS gracious ... how does this woman even manage to survive day to day? How the hell can she even drive a car? Pay her bills? Turn on her own shower?

Someone that incredibly stupid needs a caregiver.
                  Better yet, they're a prime candidate for involuntary euthanasia. Someone that stupid is polluting the gene pool with their idiocy, so it's for the good of the species if they are removed from it.
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

She doesn't sound stupid. She just sounds like she was trying to make you slip up and give her some money. Pretty straight forward to me, IMO.

Comment

it's a miracle she gets out the front door without serious injury.
                      look! it's ghengis khan!
                      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth fish3k1 View Post
                        Point in case:

"Is the price 0.002 cents, or 0.002 dollars?"

Sure that one must have internet cult status by now
                        never heard of that before... could someone enlighten me?

Quoth Jbball View Post
                        She doesn't sound stupid. She just sounds like she was trying to make you slip up and give her some money. Pretty straight forward to me, IMO.
                        Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                        it's a miracle she gets out the front door without serious injury.
                        i think chainedbarita proves jbball's point... she had to be scamming because if she really was that stupid she wouldn't have made it out the door without injury.

oh and kudos to the fellow mac users on this thread. I'm a recent convert, but I do so love my macbook with leopard.
                        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                          never heard of that before... could someone enlighten me?
                          Yes,

http://verizonmath.blogspot.com/2006...rom-cents.html

Comment

D@MN - you are PATIENT!!!!

I would've slapped her after 1-2 attempts of explanation!
                            Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Working...
                            X