This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I get no respect.

I have read many stories on here about heelies from bitter grocery store workers. but as I work on the phone, I had never encountered them until tonight.

I was headed to the breakroom just before my shift started to get some tea. As I walked through the corridoor between cubicles, I look up to see a huge, over six feet, 250 pound male who was maybe all of 17 years old, gliding quickly toward me on wheeled tennis shoes, taking up the entire corridoor. He looks up to see me, and tries valiantly to stop, but is unsuccessful. I was forced to throw myself against the wall to avoid him as he came crashing down at my feet. This happened right in front of a lead desk. The lead stands up, looks over his half wall, and says "Dude! DO NOT be using your heelies in here! Now get your ass up and get back to your phone!"

I could have kissed him. One thing about the leads on the main floor: they do not put up with bullshit. From anyone.

On to the calls!

I get no respect.

Me: Thank you for calling Bugaboo cell phones, my name is TPG, my rep id is---
    SC: Aw, fuck this shit! *click*
    Me: *mute* Okay, fine. Don't take my abuse.

SC: No! No no no no no!
    Me: ...I'm sorry?
    SC: No! I will not speak to you people again! No no no! *click*
    Me: *mute* Okay, but you won't get your minutes either.

SC: Argghhh! Not YOU people again! *click*
    Me: *mute* Resistance Is Futile. You Will Be Assimilated!

What is the definition of insanity again?

Me: Ma'am, to complete this order I just need to call your bank and have them verify some information with you, all right?
    SC: Ok.
    Me: *Call the bank only to be told this this is an ATM card, not a debit card.* I'm sorry, Ma'am, this is an ATM card, not a debit card.
    SC: Yeah, and?
    Me: Ma'am, we cannot accept this card for payment. You need to use either a debit or a credit card.
    SC: Yes you can!
    Me: No, Ma'am, we cannot. Your bank does not allow this card to be used as a debit card.
    SC: Well why not?!
    Me: I don't know Ma'am, you'd need to take that up with your bank.

So I cancel the order. And five minutes later, another order comes through. Same name, same phone, different card. But it is still coming up as "unknown card type". So I call the bank only to be told that this card, as well, is an ATM card. No debit/credit allowed. So I call her, inform her again, and cancel it.

But that is not the end! Oh no, if it was she wouldn't be here on our board of shame. For 25 minutes later, she pops up again in the new orders, with the same card as the first time. I got to call and tell her yet again, that we could not use the card. This time she tried to argue with me.

SC: You HAVE to take it!
    Me: No Ma'am, I am not allowed to take the card as payment. It is not a debit card. This card is only good at an ATM.
    SC: Well what's the difference?
    Me: The difference is your bank has issued this card without the ability to be used as a debit card. If you want to use a debit card with us, go down to your bank and have them issue you one.
    SC: They won't give me one! So how am I supposed to put minutes on my phone!
    Me: You could purchase a prepaid card from a convenience store, or you could stop into any Bugaboo store to get minutes.
    SC: That takes too long. So you're telling me there's nothing I can do to get minutes on my phone?!
    Me: Not with that card, Ma'am.
    SC: *long, drawn out dramatic sigh* You people SUCK ASS! *click*

At least I know the definition of insanity.

The Nihilist.

Me: To complete this order I need to verify your identity as the authorized signer for this credit card, all right?
    SC: Yeah. whatever.
    Me: Hold on for one moment while I call your bank. *call bank, bring rep on line.* Sir, I have a representative from your bank on the line, and she is going to verify some info with you, all right?
    SC: Whatever.
    Bank rep: Hello, sir, my name is Angel and I am with McGreedy Bank. Can I get your name please?
    SC: Whatever.
    Bank rep: I'm sorry?
    SC: I said whatever. The name is Apathetic Johnny.
    Bank rep: All right, sir, could I get the billing address for your debit card?
    SC: No.
    Bank rep: ...
    SC: ...
    Me:
    Bank rep: ...Hello?
    SC: Yeah?
    Bank rep: Could I get your billing address please.
    SC: I don't know.
    Bank rep: You don't know your billing address?
    SC: No, I don't.
    Bank rep: I'm sorry, sir, without this information I am not able to verify you for this card.
    SC: Whatever. *click*

The bank rep and I were both totally by this. We commisserated for a moment before disconnecting.

Ridiculous lady: You know, many, many of my customers use the R word with me. I hear it all night long. But you, ridiculous lady, take the cake. You used it no less than 27 times during an 11 minute rant on my phone. I know, I counted. This whole thing is ‘ridiculous’ and the wait you have to go through is ‘ridiculous’ and our customer service skills are ‘ridiculous’ and our security procedures are completely ‘ridiculous’ and our company is ‘ridiculous’ and on and on and on and on and on. You have broken a new record, but alas, I still have no respect for you. Guinness Book of World Records is not interested in your record. Our corporate office is not interested in your complaint. The newspapers are not interested in our ‘ridiculous’ behavior. Your horror at the inconvenience we have perpetrated on you is, I am sorry to say, waaaay out of proportion for the situation. No one is interested in your tale of woe. In short, get a life, ridiculous lady, because yours is obviously trite and boring if this is the highlight of your day.
    Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

How's that?
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth ThePhoneGoddess View Post
      maybe all of 17 years old, gliding quickly toward me on wheeled tennis shoes, lady, because yours is obviously trite and boring if this is the highlight of your day.
      17 years old? At your place of employment? 17???? aren't those things for children? I loathe those things. I see them in supermarkets all the time. I had a debate with my friend the other day about how those should not be marketed anymore and he didn't see my side of things. He said kids are kids. He has two and I don't understand how he can't see the destruction factor behind those things!
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth ThePhoneGoddess View Post
        Bank rep: All right, sir, could I get the billing address for your debit card?
        SC: No.

Stolen

card..

Good for you that you caught it.

Comment

Well...

that IS my job after all, crazeyal.

Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

In the first couple of weeks of my first job (Sears), I had a lady try to use an ATM card as payment, which we didn't take. There was actually one store in the mall that I know of that took ATM cards, I don't know how, but whatever. I didn't really know how to handle it. I said "we only take debit or credit cards, not atm cards." She says, "Isn't it a debit card." I say " No, debit cards have, like, a visa or mastercard logo on them." she responds "What??" I say "I would have to put it in a visa or mastercard." (not the best wording, but I didn't know how else to explain this.) She says okay. I say uhhhh...what? She says, "put it in as a mastercard or visa, I don't care which one."
            "What size can I get you, ma'am?"
            "Red."
            "Okay...I'll check the red for you, but what size do you need?"
            "RED!"
            "..."

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
              17 years old? At your place of employment? 17???? aren't those things for children? I loathe those things. I see them in supermarkets all the time. I had a debate with my friend the other day about how those should not be marketed anymore and he didn't see my side of things. He said kids are kids. He has two and I don't understand how he can't see the destruction factor behind those things!
              I had a pair at 22, and my older brother who is now 28 has a pair. As long as they're used responsibly, there's no problem with them. He and I have never had trouble stopping, have never hit anyone, nothing. I also know that 99.99% of the customers that use them are NOT responsible and therefore should not have them. Honestly, the best place to use them is on a large, smooth surface (or the thin carpet that you pretty much never see outside of stores) which is almost exclusively found in stores. Not a completely thought out product if you ask me, since you shouldn't be using them in stores. One of the reasons I didn't buy another pair when my first one wore out.

Comment

Quoth ThePhoneGoddess

Me: *mute* Resistance Is Futile. You Will Be Assimilated!

LMAO!

Especially if they want your help...
                Last edited by Broomjockey; 04-29-2008, 04:28 PM. Reason: fixing quote tags
                "They're magically delicious, bitch!"- Kara, http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=34968

Comment

17 years old? At your place of employment? 17???? aren't those things for children?
                  This reminds me of a conversation I overheard between a boyfriend and girlfriend who were in my line.

BF *sees kid zipping around on Heelies*: I want a pair of those. They're so cool!
                  GF: You would look ridiculous on them.
                  BF: Why, because I'm taller than him?

I seriously wish my store would just ban those things already. SO many kids have hurt themselves in the store because of them and they refuse to ban them, citing, "We can't kick people out just because of their shoes."

Uh... yeah you can. They're a liability and they cause problems. I've nearly been plowed over plenty of times by kids on them and I've decided to no longer move out of their way when they're barreling towards me. If they're going to hit me then they hit me.
                  Maybe they'll land hard enough on their ass to make them question acting like a monkey in a cage.

Yeah, right.

Comment

I'm totally with you on the R word.

Other than cussing me out, there's no quicker way for an SC to get the BARE MINIMUM of service out of me than by throwing out the R word.
                    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

17 years old? At your place of employment? 17???? aren't those things for children?
                      You watch cartoons? Aren't those things for children?
                      You read comic books? Aren't those things for children?
                      You play video games? Aren't those things for children?

I was going to get Nekojin some Heelys, but they don't make them in his size. They stop one size down. *sigh*

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post

Other than cussing me out, there's no quicker way for an SC to get the BARE MINIMUM of service out of me than by throwing out the R word.
                        And let's not forget the dreaded u word. "Unacceptable"
                        I don't like your attitude!
                        Yeah? Well you're not EATING my attitude!

Comment

Grrrr.... stupid f***ing healies. I hate them. I once had a kid on healies come flying around a corner and run into a pallet I was pulling. Of course the mother blamed me, them I had to spend 30 minutes with LP and the manager filling out paperwork.

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post

hey, i've even gotten the L word before (ludicrous)

i'll be honest, I had to hold back laughing my ass off when the guest said that.
                            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

And let us not forget the grandady of them all, the "i" word.

Inconceivable!
                              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                              X