This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another thread reminded me of this bizarre tale

I had one of my favorite customers tell me the following story. It happened to her while she was at home. A neighbor of hers happens to be a well known kook about town, so I'll refer to the neighbor as "Kook" for the rest of the story. Kook has a son who is about 12 years of age. I'll call him "Bratboy." Kook and Bratboy both have serious mental issues. I can't even begin to describe it, but they use it as a crutch to get sympathy if they can. This is a small town, so most everyone knows their reputation.

So, my customer was at home one day, talking to someone on the phone. She heard the doorbell. She saw it was Bratboy standing there. She said it was a common occurence to have to shew him away for being a nuissance. Since she was on the phone, she just chose to ignore him. So, she closed the door, and continued with her conversation. He opened the door, and proceeded to walk into the house. She heard him, so she confronted him and told him to leave. He started whining about wanting to use the phone. Kook didn't have a phone because she's not good about paying her bills. She blows everything she gets. The customer told him to leave again. He started whining again until she told him that she would be calling the police if he didn't leave. He left once she mentioned the police. She did call them anyway because it's common for Bratboy to wander unchecked like that. I doubt Kook really knows where she is most of the time let alone where Bratboy is. He's never been more than a nuissance thus far, but you never know.

Like mother, like son, in this case. One of the neighbors told me not long ago that she woke up to get ready for work. She heard a noise on the back porch, and thought it was stray cats or something like that. She never expected to find Kook sitting on the back porch smoking a cigarette at 5:30 a.m., just like she owned the place. My neighbor told her to leave or she'd be reported for trespassing. Kook did leave without incident, but "didn't understand the problem" because she wasn't hurting anything. She just wanted to smoke her cigarette in peace. Kook and Bratboy live about seven blocks away from my home, so I do see them wandering through the neighborhood on occasion.

Like I said, mental problems...... They've never been more than a nuissance, but that's really plenty. I've dealt with Kook and Bratboy at work, so I can believe it.
    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy
Working...
X