X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth firecat88 View Post
    Had a bit of a scare this morning. @_@ I woke up dizzy, headachy,
    I can relate; I've been there the last 11 days. On my way to the doc to see if it's concussion or sinus infection or both. I hope yours gets resolved soon! Not being able to see well on top of that is unsettling.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Current waiting on my compute upgrade, my techie has got all the parts and installed them but it isn't working and he's worked himself into seziures with the stress of trying to figure out whats wrong (he has eplilepsy).

He's going to take another look at it tomorrow after a good rest and hopefully figure it out. Because I'd like my new motherboard, 14gb of ram and a GT730 2gb graphics card Although my sister whos picked up a bit or two over the years is looking at it at the moment...

Bugger, DOA motherboard Legira checked it out and took the ram out and no beeps at all
      Last edited by Bardmaiden; 12-21-2015, 10:54 PM. Reason: Update
      Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

• Tired and frustrated today. Just got the christmas tree up yesterday night and the kids have already decided it's a toy and broken it. I guess they think "Leave the tree alone!" is a joke. Hubs has a sinus infection, so he's crankier then normal.

I'm just tired of having to do everything. But that's just the way life is, and I better just suck it up and deal with it. Things aren't going to get any better.
        https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• *hugs Kanalah* <3
          ---

Migraines. Migraines are crappy little things that poop on your holidays. (and everything else)

Bite me, brain. *snuggles the nearest kitten*
          1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
          -----
          http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

• Work sucks....**curls up in a ball under her birthday throw**

Comment

• Quoth RootedPhoenix View Post
              Migraines. Migraines are crappy little things that poop on your holidays. (and everything else)
              Migraines suck donkey balls. At least they make work fun. Not. Most of the time, some caffeine and a nap are all I need to remain mostly functional. However, if I have to leave work...why is it that I get stuck behind (or next to) every bus or truck with a loud exhaust? Also, why is it that I hit every damn red light too?

Anyway, Christmas this year is interesting. Most of you know that my dad walked out on my mother back in March. He's pretty much disappeared. Other than some cryptic texts, I haven't heard from him since July
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

• I finally got rid of my back pain and now the fronts of my thighs, ankles, and shins hurt because I stupidly thought it was a good idea to wear my t-strap maryjanes for 8 hours at work. A short shift would've been fine, but 8 hours in shoes I'm not used to yet is a bad idea.

Comment

• Went out yesterday, had a lovely time and got some good bargains. Now I'm paying for it, all the muscles round my surgery area hurt.
                  As soon as I start thinking
                  That I'm sensible and sane
                  The Random Hedgehog comes along
                  And fiddles with my Brain
                  (from card I got)

Comment

• *hugs Lady Legira, Food Lady, and protege*

And protege, yeah...If I have to escape things to get back home to deal with the migraine, every thing has a sound, a smell, and everything is blinding. I'm sorry you get them too. (I'm sorry anybody gets them!)

*hugs everyone or gives them cookies...or both, whichever they want*
                    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                    -----
                    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

• Quoth dalesys View Post
                      A catheter *needs* to be hollow!
                      That's not a catheter ... that is an urethral sound
                      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

• *sigh* Spent all day yesterday at the ER and ended up with some new neuro for the migraine from hell that was on its third damned day. HE suggested 5 mg valium, so I pointed to the page in my file that mentions I have been on midrin off and on for the past 35 or so years for migraines ... so he suggested I go home and titre up the dose until I find one that works. SO I popped 25 mg valium in front of him and waited until he noticed it didn't sedate me, make me dizzy or pretty much do anything. I also pointed out to him that I can do percocet with a shot of vodka back and pass a police drunk test [the balance, finger pointy and recite tongue twisters]

Yay long term pain control, it fucks one over when one is trying to deal with migraines. It sucks when botox doesn't even work.

On the plus side, my regular neuro came in and they admitted me overnight and knocked me out which seemed to work. And L&M has patient wifi =) Makes me glad we replaced my tablet so I can entertain myself.

On the negative side, David Bowie died
                        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

• I'm an introvert with mild social anxiety and this week has wreaked all sorts of havoc on me. Last week was all about getting ready for a mini-vacation, so lots of shopping and packing and rushing to get classwork done so I could have the weekend off. Saturday-Monday we were gone, and Monday we went to a furniture store to order some new stuff. Wednesday we had a new mattress arrive, and Thursday was the headboard, so I spent all of Thursday putting the new bed together (slicing my finger open in the process). Yesterday, my grandparents took my toddler for the day so I could nap or do classwork, but then a plumber arrived while Hubs was at work (so I was home alone). He had come over last week to fix our shower not working correctly, said he'd be back the next day, and never showed. Since I wasn't expecting him, I wasn't dressed, the house wasn't clean, and my anxiety nearly sent me into a panic attack. I went to bed early in hopes of maybe, for the first time in weeks getting a good night's sleep, but my daughter decided to make up for that by getting up three hours before she usually does, giving me an hour less of sleep than a normal night. I ran out of fixings for coffee yesterday and have to wait for Hubs to get home with more, and the nearest caffeine fix is too far to walk in the rain with an almost-2-year-old.

I'm trying to get someone to take her today so I can nap but it's not looking hopeful. I'm exhausted, both physically and mentally.
                          The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

• With the constant hot/cold temperature change lately, the migraine and sinus issues are back
                            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

• May I contribute? Today I found out that I have to start taking insulin. Needles are among my worst fears, and having to take them several times a day?

I knew anti-diabetic pills wouldn't last forever, plus love of bread being a big no-no that I defied. I understand that you reap what you sow when it comes to one's body, but still. I know it's at least partially my fault, but I need a hug.
                              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

• Quoth Kristev View Post
                                I knew anti-diabetic pills wouldn't last forever, plus love of bread being a big no-no that I defied...I need a hug.
                                *Hugs* I know bread is hard to avoid. Saturday night I had an event at an Italian restaurant and I ate too much of it. I'm not diabetic nor pre-diabetic, but I'm at risk. I could tell my glucose soared. I was dizzy and loopy. I wasn't hungry all day yesterday because I'd overloaded my system; I haven't eaten like that on the regular for almost 2 years. I cannot do that again. I still don't feel right 48 hours later.

That said, I know that even people on insulin have been able to reverse symptoms and get off meds altogether through diet, though you are never cured. (Once that pancreas is damaged, it's damaged.) There's a doctor who treats these patients. I just wish I could remember his name. Oh, it's Dr. Bernstein. If I wasn't vegetarian I would follow his advice more closely.

Comment

Working...
                                X