X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nathan Filion as a Jedi.

Comment

The biggest reason that Christopher Lee was so awesome as Dooku is that he never had a stand in: the guy who's kicking ass with his lightsaber? Yeah, he's actually a world renowned fencer.

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/christopherlee.html

Patrick Stewart is a good shoe-in, but the idea behind the new trilogy is that most of the Jedi will probably be younger...and as much as I love Stewart, it would be hard to fit in some older master than Luke suddenly appearing. There is, however, another Star Trek captain that I think could do a kickass role as a Sith:

I think Avery Brooks is a kickass actor in his own right...and when he tries to be scary, he usually succeeds.

Edit: better pic
      "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
      "What IS fun to fight through?"
      "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
        Alan Rickman? As a Sith?
        Brilliant! He was certainly ruthless enough as Hans.

Comment

Patrick Stewart. Obvious.
          Alan Rickman. Obvious.

Keizer Sutherland. Has the gravitas for it.

David Tennant. Duh.

Not as obvious, but someone I think would be awesome: Mark Harmon. For those scratching their heads, just think about Gibbs as a Jedi or Jedi Master. Hell yeah!

Alex Kingston. I think she'd shock some people, and nail it.

Alexander Skarsgard. Badass Sith OR Jedi, I think.

Ben Affleck. Hey, if he could be Batman, he could totally be a Jedi Master, right? And yes, on this one I am totally joking.

But I'm not joking when I say I'd like to see Emilia Clarke as a Jedi. Or Charles Dance as a Sith Lord.

I second the call for Val Kilmer. I think he'd kick ass.

Wild card: Tom Weston-Jones. Serious actor who can handle diverse situations and not seem over the top or too serious. From the same show, I think that Ato Essandoh would be pretty awesome in a Star Wars role. I see him as a Jedi or Jedi Master, not a Sith.

And I finish with The Dude himself, Jeff Bridges, as a potential Jedi Master. "Say what?" Seems an odd choice to you? Seemed an odd choice to a lot of people when he was cast in True Grit, and he utterly nailed it there, too.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Peter Stormare as a Sith
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Hiroyuki Sanada or Sonny Chiba as Jedi. Beat Takeshi as a Sith. (Sorry, I've been watching Samurai flicks recently)

I think Maisie Williams (Arya Stark) would make a good Jedi apprentice.
              "There is a sadist inside me. She likes cake." - Krys Wolf, my friend

In a coffee shop in Whitehouse, Texas: "Unsupervised children will be given two shots of espresso and a free puppy."

Comment

I actually thought of her, but thought she was too young to be a Jedi. Didn't think of the whole apprentice/padawan thing, though. Well done!

She is the fourth child actress that I've seen in my life that really wowed me. The other three? Kirstin Dunst, Natalie Portman, and Christina Ricci. All of whom turned out to be damn good adult actresses. So, yeah, I'm putting Maisie Williams in their category.
                Last edited by Jester; 08-29-2013, 11:14 PM.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Val Kilmer and Ben Afleck are about as cheap and BAD as an F-list slasher film IMHO. WHY ELSE would they cop $1000 each for cameos in the Silent Bob film?

Also, you guys aren't doing the research you should... the Disney Wars Trilogy will take place some 20 to 50 years AFTER RotJ.

Comment

Patrick Stewart as elderly Luke. Hell, elderly anyone...

Maybe Ben Skywalker as an adult telling a story. I don't know. :P

Did someone already suggest Mako?
                    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Cary Elwes and Mandy Patinkin (Westley and Inigo Montoya). Jedi OR Sith.
                      Seshat's self-help guide:
                      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Westley I would like as a balanced Jedi I keep hearing about. The idea that light/dark are balanced within the person. Right?
                        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tyg3rW01f View Post
                          Val Kilmer and Ben Afleck are about as cheap and BAD as an F-list slasher film IMHO. WHY ELSE would they cop $1000 each for cameos in the Silent Bob film?
                          Maybe that was the industry/actors' guild standard?

And to equate Kilmer with Affleck is a bit much. Kilmer's got some truly great roles to his credit.

Quoth Tyg3rW01f View Post
                          Also, you guys aren't doing the research you should... the Disney Wars Trilogy will take place some 20 to 50 years AFTER RotJ.
                          Sorry, Teach, didn't know we had been assigned any homework. Just thought we were supposed to suggest some actors that would make good Jedis, Jedi Masters, or Sith Lords.
                          Last edited by Jester; 08-31-2013, 05:19 AM.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Kind of off topic a little, but the first time I saw "The Phantom Menace," I honestly thought Darth Maul was Kiefer Sutherland, I didn't realize it wasn't him until I read the cast list.
                            The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                            X