This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I must be doing SOMETHING right...

so I've been heading on the weight loss journey to try and helpfully manage my depression and anxiety a little better.

I ended up weighing myself this morning.

Last time I was weighed by a nurse, I was 100kgs. Since then, it bloomed up to around 110kgs (roughly). It sorta yo-yoed for a while. That was around 4 years ago.

In the last couple of months, my partner has been weighing me at no set time or day.

The "start" weight with my boyfriend was 98kgs, shortly after my hospitalisation. That was a couple of months ago.

This morning, it was 93.6kgs.

Go me!

All I've really been doing is just cutting out the junk (mostly), snacking less, drinking more water (where possible) and I've been walking (albeit unorganised exercise) for around 30+ minutes a day.

Now I need to go and find new bras
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Congratulations! Sounds like you're doing it the right way. Keep up the good work!
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Awesome! Keep doing what you're doing, it seems to be working well.
      Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Congrats! Losing weight is hard work. I'm happy for you.
        At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

And an AGH as far as bras go.

So a couple of weeks ago, I picked up a bra in my size very cheap. Turns out that moulded cups do NOT work so well with me...these ones were too big though.

Today I re-measure myself and discover I've dropped a cup size. Yay! Although I'm now cursing Hestia's bra fitter for giving me the wrong damn cup size >.> (According to it I'm a D, trying on a bra proves I'm actually a DD. I was previously an E. Band size hasn't changed. Then again though, I've thrown different numbers at said fitter and it's spat out everything from a B to an F )

Comment

IF customer="fireheart" THEN brasize=RANDOM...
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Fireheart, can I recommend A Bra That Fits, the ladies there are very helpful with finding bra, not only base on size, but also breast shape.
              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                IF customer="fireheart" THEN brasize=RANDOM...
                Pretty much this.

And it gets better....

Literally, it was like every single INDIVIDUAL bra came up with a different size today. Turns out that one boob is bigger than the other, which I forgot to account for with my bra sizing (and is fairly common).

But it wasn't just bra manufacturers where the sizes differed, it was actually for the bras THEMSELVES that did this!

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                  But it wasn't just bra manufacturers where the sizes differed, it was actually for the bras THEMSELVES that did this!
                  Sizing isn't necessarily consistent between different cuts and styles, and it can even vary a bit by color. Depending on the shape of your boobs, and the shape of the bra, you may need different sizes in different styles.
                  The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                    Sizing isn't necessarily consistent between different cuts and styles, and it can even vary a bit by color. Depending on the shape of your boobs, and the shape of the bra, you may need different sizes in different styles.
                    I might keep that in mind when I go out on Saturday.
                    I wound up buying 3 different bras, all of which were fairly cheap. One of them is a very fancy 'lingerie"-ish bra, while the other two are just plain everyday.
                    The lingerie bra actually fits me better than the other two .
                    I've learned that moulded cups do not work very well for me, so it's pretty much underwire/soft cup/wire free or nothing.
                    Saturday I'm actually getting fitted properly. The lingerie store also is having a sale at the moment and might have some better boulder holders.

Comment

So a mini-update.

Re the bra situation, I finally managed to get 2 bras that fit nicely. The kicker? I've managed to drop down to a DD cup from an E. My band size at this stage doesn't appear to have dropped, but I've been wearing DD bras with no problem. I'm still pending the fitting though. (anyone with social anxiety able to give me some tips?)

As for the reason for this post, I had a bit of a mini-dilemma today. Currently if I'm working at a school more than 15kms from my house on a Friday, I will go straight to my partners house after work instead of going home first-this system works out very nicely and he has no problem chucking my work stuff in with his.

Of course, I get home on Monday and realise that I left my work pants at his place. Said pants are cropped pants. I remember that I have a pair of pants that I'd bought a couple of years ago for job interviews and whatnot since my other pants were falling apart. Pull them out, put them on.

Yeah...definitely dropped down a size there as they are LOOSE on me. I'm still wearing them today, but Thursday I'm getting a couple of pairs of shorts for work. (Work uniform from the waist down is black shorts or pants, as long as they're not tights/leggings, printed or short-shorts, they're happy)

Comment

Sorry I don't have a link, but if you google plastic surgeons cup size inches, it might come up. They determine cup size by measuring from the place under the arm where the breast tissue begins, across the nipple, and to the sternum. If I recall, 11 inches was a D. Or close to.
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Hey, great job! I've just recently lost about 20 lbs myself, within the last 5 months. I'm still going, and working on being healthy and active more than just losing weight.

It's funny, I was putting a bra on the other day, and the thought didn't occur to me that my boobs were shrinking. But today, I noticed one bra had cups which were especially large. Looks like I'll be needing some new ones as well...

Comment

Working...
                          X