• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm doing a happy dance for you.

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
      You are enjoying that gif WAY too much.
      Well, I'd gone looking for a good animated gif of someone cocking a gun in a dramatic "let's go kick some ass" way, and that was the best one I found.

So, yeah, I'm gonna get as much mileage out of it as I can. Besides...

Quoth Seraph View Post
      He is, but I love it.
      That right there tells me I'm doing something right. I love to get a grin or a laugh out of people when I can.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Okay, let's see...

Type A fire extiguisher (water).

Type ABC fire extinguisher (foam).

CO2 fire extinguisher (the one with the horn).

Fire blanket (for chip pan fires).

Long wooden ruler (for throwing electric switches and prying people off live wires).

...anything else?

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
          ...anything else?
          Smoke jumping team.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Good luck, Seraph! Hopefully this is a better turn around...
            Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Good luck, I'm sending as much good karma as I can spare.

Also, if things go pear-shaped, let me know...I can go bad guy
              Frying pans! Who knew, right?

Comment

Well, interestingly enough, my first couple of days has been helping them hire on the rest of the people they'll need for the company.

I've now learned that it's amazing how many people will apply for a job, and ignore a simple requirement that you have in the posting. Better yet, the apps that are all "I saw this requirement, I just figured it wasn't worth it to do that."
                By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

I wish I could say I'm surprised at that, but I can't. It's amazing just how many people don't read the requirements on a job posting...
                  "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

It's funny, if I see a want ad online and I see a bullet point with something required, that I don't have (like say, a BA)...

I don't apply.

How hard is it to read?
                    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                      It's funny, if I see a want ad online and I see a bullet point with something required, that I don't have (like say, a BA)...

I don't apply.

How hard is it to read?
                      The thing is, it's not even THAT. Its like "make sure you include a short blurb about yourself that's 125 words."

And yet, I get 55 words, 70 words, 100 words, 150.....

I had TWO people hit the word count and , and that was IT. Out of like, thirty or so applications.

Comment

Under most circumstances, I'd consider 100-150 words "close enough" to 125. That's if the 125 is a target, and not a max/min.

Unless they're applying to become copywriters, where I assume maintaining an exact word count is part of the job. Which, given the field you're working in, is possible.

Interestingly enough, I once submitted four pages for a ten-page essay. I got the highest mark in the class.

Comment

Copy/content writer job, yep. Exact word counts are a biiiig thing with these guys. Its how they get paid, in fact....per hundred words. Which is why I cringed at how many just flat out ignored the requirement.

Comment

I shouldn't think it would be that hard to BS and get to the word count, didn't everyone do that in high school?
                            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                              I shouldn't think it would be that hard to BS and get to the word count, didn't everyone do that in high school?
                              Nah, in high school it wasn't word count, it was "x pages." So everyone messed with the double-spacing, font size, and wide margins.
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                                Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                                Nah, in high school it wasn't word count, it was "x pages." So everyone messed with the double-spacing, font size, and wide margins.
                                A combination of the above two was, for the most part, the building blocks of my entire academic career, from grade school to college.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                                Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                                X