This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torchwood news

BBC America will be showing Torchwood: Miracle Day (season 4) starting Saturday September 14th at 8 pm

This was the 10 part mini series that aired on Starz network. Lots of American guest stars that come and go very quickly. Also very dark, almost as bad as Children of Earth.

Source for the info was the BBC America Facebook page.
    Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
    Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
    Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

So this is not a new season, but the season some of us (like me) missed because it was on a channel we didn't have? Sweet!

Also, this is the one that follows Children of Earth, aka season 3, aka the last one on BBCA, aka the one with Captain Jack's grandson?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Any word if Netflix is gonna pick it up? I canna afford cable.
      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

basic series info.. going to try and minimalize spoilers

set apporximately 6 months To a year after the end of Children of Earth. Gwen and Rhys are living with their child in as much obscurity as possible. When "Miracle Day" occurs, everyone on Earth stops dying. we continue to age and heal at a normal progression, but whatever animus/soul/whatyouwill cannot leave the body. The event has targeted humans specificly so other species are not affected. The CIA (or some other alphabet agency) inverstigates this and finds a link to a man named Jack Harkness with a Brittish agency called Torchwood. So agents are dispatched to "request" the help of Gwen, at gunpoint if necessary.

there are a number of themes for the mature viewer. what do we do with those who "should be" dead but cannot die? (ie extreme burn vicims, severe cancer/aids/etc patients, extreme criminals, etc) Can Humanity deal with the thought of being immortal? how do we manage resorces like medicines (morphine, antibiotics, etc) not to mention food and water?

I am sure there will be a few content edits along the way as there are a number of fairly graphic sex scenes, including a few homoerotic ones.

i have not seen anything about a netflix release, although i think it should be available on dvd?
        Last edited by DaDairyDruid; 08-21-2013, 01:37 PM.
        Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
          Any word if Netflix is gonna pick it up? I canna afford cable.
          Dunno about Netflix, but a friend got it via bittorrent almost as soon as it showed. The torrents should still be out there.

Comment

Quoth ComputerNecromancer View Post
            Dunno about Netflix, but a friend got it via bittorrent almost as soon as it showed. The torrents should still be out there.
            Netflix streaming has it, I just watched it a month or so ago [again, I watched most of it on tv but missed a couple episodes]

Did they pull it off?
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I JUST started watching it on Netflix. Half way through the first episode when I decided to peek on CS. I trust it's a good show then? -.-

Comment

Yeah netflix pulled season 4 -_-

GK it's a good show. Basically a more adult version on DW. Children of Earth did give me nightmares though.
                https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post

GK it's a good show. Basically a more adult version on DW. Children of Earth did give me nightmares though.
                  I have season 4 on Netflix Canada....

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post

Bummer, but you can still do the first 3 seasons to get a good base going. I really loved the premier episode.
                    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

the biggest complaints about Miracle Day (season 4) is that the plot could have used some tightening and there were too many loose ends at the end of the series.

i think it had something to do with the american writers. we tend to want more, while the brits tend to be content with a self contained story.

Comment

Working...
                      X