This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jedi Master You Seek

Okay... we all know the Evil Empire known as Disney has blasphemed the greatest sci-fi accomplishment ever and is CONTINUING the sins of G. Lucas by making YET ANOTHER Star Wars trilogy.

HOWEVER, we also recognize the diamond-in-the-EXTREMELY-rough MOMENTS...
    Samuel L. Jackson as a Jedi. ((REALLY needed a better character and better scripting, but still a decent idea))
    Count Duku... okay, but again, needed better script and character planning

Now that I have stated the only two things I thought were even worthy of having the shadow of the originals come within eighty leagues of them...

NEW JEDI MASTER YOU SEEK
    Name ONE actor ((who has never been involved with Star Wars previously)) you think would make a worthy Jedi... or Sith... and WHY.
    ((For example: Patrick Stewart -- Jedi. The man can sing, do Shakespeare, and is a sci-fi icon. and who WOULDN'T want to see Jedi Master PICARD swinging a lightsaber?!))

Vigo Mortenson -- either. The man can pull off a great many types of character from cowboy to once and future king to diabolical SEAL DI. Why NOT a lightsaber-wielding Force-user?!

Ben Foster -- Sith. Any time I see Ben Foster in anything, I'm waiting for his inevitable turn to the Dark Side. It might be because the first movie I remember seeing him in was "Hostage" where he did a fantastic job playing a mentally unhinged guy.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

It's okay...

(as long as you ignore that he was a voice actor on the Clone Wars series)

Comment

Not so seriously Kevin Smith. Come on, you know it would be awesome to see him as a Jedi.

More seriously Lucy Liu (spelling)...or Lucy Lawless. Female Jedi rock.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
          as long as you ignore that he was a voice actor on the Clone Wars series
          The Clone Wars series never happened.

My pick is Jim Cavezel as a smuggler type.
          I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Benedict Cumberbatch! Make him a Jedi, make him a Sith, make him an Imperial or Republic officer, make him Luke Skywalker's MANSERVANT, for all I care, just put him in it!
            "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
            --StanFlouride

Comment

Quoth Tyg3rW01f View Post
              Okay... we all know the Evil Empire known as Disney has blasphemed the greatest sci-fi accomplishment ever
              Hadn't heard that yet - what did they say to badmouth Star Trek?
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                Hadn't heard that yet - what did they say to badmouth Star Trek Doctor Who?
                There, fixed that for ya!
                "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
                --StanFlouride

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                  Star Trek?
                  Quoth Jack T. Chance View Post
                  Doctor Who?
                  Well, that escalated quickly.

Jason Statham (Sith, if that's necessary...)

Comment

I would have loved to see Mark Lenard as a Jedi. Unfortunately, he passed away in 1996.

Can't really think of anybody current, although I second Patrick Stewart as a Jedi.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Val Kilmer came to mind, I think as maybe an evil guy, or one who's confused. Jason Statham? Sneaky evil guy who kicks ass. Benedict? My slave (ahem), a good Jedi.
                      In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                      She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Personally? Anthony Simcoe as a Sith.
                        First of all, damn near nobody will recognize him. He could easily be a hulking brute of a Sith, especially when you put him in good makeup.

Although, just for the fun of it, put Bruce Campbell in as an Imperial officer. Why not?
                        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                          Although, just for the fun of it, put Bruce Campbell in as an Imperial officer. Why not?
                          If only to hear him call someone "You rebel scum."
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Johnny Depp as ... oh I don't know .... Spock 3.5??????

It doesn't matter. The man is awesome in every role he plays!

Comment

Alan Rickman? As a Sith?

Comment

Working...
                              X