This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Witchy Woman

This sc pissed me off. SC calls for a room rate and taxi number.

Me : (area code) 555-5555
    SC : Can you slow down? I need to write that down.

Really? It's just our area code followed by the same number repeated 7 times.

SC : How much for a room?
    Me :$60 plus tax.
    SC : But the info I have says it's 59.

She argues with me over a dollar. I would have relented if she wasn't such a rumt about it.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

See how high she fliiiiiiiiiiiies.

Okay, all done.

Geez! A freaking dollar?!
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Now that I'm home I can add some more detail. My first post was done on my phone since my work computer's filters are stricter now.

After we hang up, I go into the reservation from $60 to $59.99 and wait for her to arrive. I wanted to see if I could get away with this. And it turns out I did. She initialed the rate acceptance without argument.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I've had people hang up on me because I can't tell them the exact tax rate....uh hello!!! You're calling a 1800 number and all the tax rates differ with each state and/or county!!! I can't believe that lady argued with you over a freakin' dollar..there's a few words to describe her....cheap bitch!
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

At my company, the rate we quote does not include tax for many areas (unless the hotel listed their price that way, such as in most of Europe). However, the tax rate is clearly listed on the confirmation on their screen as well as in their email. I've had people call in later and ask the price WITH TAX. Our system does not calculate this automatically.

They don't seem to realize it takes them far longer to dial the phone, get me, read me their reservation number, wait for me to pull it up on my screen, and explain to me what they need than it would to just grab a freaking calculator and do the math manually (which is what I'm doing anyway).

Almost all of them are nice, but I still find it funny they don't seem to get this concept.

Even funnier is the people who don't understand hotels have tax on them... when most of the people NOT getting this are from the US booking a US hotel where very few hotels advertise price after tax. Seriously, is this the first time they ever had a hotel reservation? You drive down the highway and the sign out front says "79.95", you know that's BEFORE tax. Why should online be any different?

Comment

Oh, even at High End Home Store people will quibble over a couple of bucks. It's sad when they're obviously so rich they don't even know how much money they have. I can see being concerned over $20 or more, even for the Vanderbilts, but a dollar or two...really??
            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

They're cheap. When my sister worked at Kohl's she had a woman buying 2 marked-down shirts, one at $1 and one at $2. She wanted to know if she could get the $2 shirt marked down to $1. And she was buying a shitload of stuff!!!
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                They're cheap. When my sister worked at Kohl's she had a woman buying 2 marked-down shirts, one at $1 and one at $2. She wanted to know if she could get the $2 shirt marked down to $1. And she was buying a shitload of stuff!!!
                When I used to work at Kohls it was the BOGOs that were a major problem. People would try the "well, I'm only buying one so I should get it at halfprice." Uh, No, that's not how that works.

I've hit 100 posts! I feel so special!
                Last edited by Lovecats; 03-22-2012, 05:08 PM.
                "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Quoth Lovecats View Post
                  When I used to work at Kohls it was the BOGOs that were a major problem. People would try the "well, I'm only buying one so I should get it at halfprice." Uh, No, that's not how that works.

I've hit 100 posts! I feel so special!
                  This. Our sale tags ALL say "2/$X or $X.XX" as does our ad. Why the heck does that mean you can buy one and get for the twofer price?? I just don't get it.

And congrats on 100 posts!
                  Last edited by Teefies2; 03-23-2012, 05:45 AM. Reason: adding congrats

Comment

Quoth Lovecats View Post
                    When I used to work at Kohls it was the BOGOs that were a major problem. People would try the "well, I'm only buying one so I should get it at halfprice."
                    I may have mentioned it in this site before, but even if I have, this is worth repeating.

A couple years ago, around Christmastime, an older couple, both seemingly articulate and well-off, came in to The Bar. The man put one of our "buy one get one free" drink coupons on the bar and ordered a pina colada. No problem...and what would they like for their other drink? No, they just wanted one pina colada to share. Oh, then they'll want to hold on to the coupon for the next time, right? No, no, they wanted to use it today.

Wait, what?

Yep, apparently this dingleberry didn't want to BUY one, he just wanted the FREE one. And yes, he was absolutely serious. With my General Manager sitting RIGHT THERE, I calmly and politely explained to the guy that this was not how it worked, that you had to buy one to get one free.

"Well, none of the other bartenders have had a problem doing it all week!" said Dingleberrey, and left in a huff with his wife, also in a huff. They double huffed it out of there.

Leaving my GM and I cracking up.

The first word that went across my mind when Dingeberry said that no other bartenders had disallowed the transaction he desired was "BuuuuullllSHIT!" Since there were only two kinds of bartenders he might have encountered at my bar. One, the veterans, who would have done exactly what I did, since they know how things are. Two, the newbies, who would have either used common sense and done exactly what I did, or, if they were uncertain about it, would have consulted with a manager...who would have told them to do exactly what I did.

"Buy one, get one free" is a cause and effect procedure. You don't get to choose just half of the transaction, the half that better benefits you. You really DO have to BUY one in order to GET one free! Hell, I've known drunken bums that understood that basic concept!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                    X