Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tow Tow Tow Your Car, Gentley Down the Street....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love your title. I'm sure you have some good times.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      In my complex, which DOES require parking permits, I would simply take the permit out of my windshield and put it in the windshield of the rental, as well as informing the front office of what I was doing. They really only check to make sure there is a valid permit there, and don't go about seeing if the permit matches the vehicle on record,.
      Ditto this. I've done the same thing when the same situation came up with my campus parking permit.

Campus police can and will take your parking permit if you're not actually entitled to park in faculty/staff lots or in the handicapped lots. But they only check if the person parking gives them reason to think they shouldn't be parking: ie, teenie bopper parking in a faculty space.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth barainga View Post
        Your good angel sounds like Wolverine... so whos your bad angel? Sabretooth?
        Lol, that's what I was thinking, too. XD

In the town where I work and live, there is NO free parking. All car parks are owned by the council. However, that doesn't stop people asking in the petrol station if we know of any free car parks... the triumph of hope over experience, I guess. Or parking in said council car park, getting a ticket then going to Customer Services to bitch about said ticket; only to be informed that they have to go to the council offices. XD And to think, that ticket could have been avoided if only they'd taken five minutes to read the damn sign.
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
          Campus police can and will take your parking permit if you're not actually entitled to park in faculty/staff lots or in the handicapped lots. But they only check if the person parking gives them reason to think they shouldn't be parking: ie, teenie bopper parking in a faculty space.
          I actually had to go to Campus Police as someone was parked in the student lot with a Facility and Staff permit. It was a student who was borrowing their parent's car, who happened to work there. I mentioned it to the guard in our lot (when I was a student) and they didn't do anything. I brought it up at the next student government meeting (since I was a rep.) and I found out a week later that the guard and the staff member got a talking to about parking in the correct lot (there is a lot more parking permits issued than parking spots).

Comment

At the school where I teach, faculty/staff can park anywhere except in Visitor Parking, including handicapped parking if they have a handicapped placard/plate.

Only faculty/staff can park in the faculty/staff lots.

Your permit is a hunting permit, not a guaranteed spot. If I get to campus after 8am, I usually have to park in student parking, sometimes quite a hike from my building.

When I was a student, there were separate lots each with its own permit. You could only park in the lots with your color permit. Your color was based on your housing area (theoretically most colors were close the their housing units) with one lot for commuters, and another lot for faculty. I actually worked for Campus Police; my job was to keep non-faculty out of the faculty and visitor lots. If a student ignored me, I'd call campus police who'd issue them a ticket and/or tow.
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Well in my case.. there were more than enough Staff lots... heck they had more spots than staff!

Comment

Working...
              X