Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not an SC, but my Mother is! (Long)

I had to go shopping yesterday after work - I have a friend's birthday and another one's wedding this weekend and hadn't gotten gifts; the friend who's birthday it is, is my mom's best friend so she was shopping for a b-day gift too.

1st Stop: (actually very little suck- yay me!)

Lot O' Big - go the back way from work, instead of trying to pull off (protected) U-Turns from the frontage road in rush hour traffic - get there and see a note on the door "CLOSED FOR INVENTORY" read it aloud to Mom, and she wisely opts for elsewhere; before we can get turned around to return to our respective cars, i see someone pull on the doors, *gasp* oh noes, an sc who can't read? /sarcasm. but when a worker opened the door and explained "closed for inventory" the person pulling on the door was Ok, I guess they weren't too sucky it is possible they didn't know the sign was current, and could've thought it was old. But then 2 more people pulled the same thing *sigh*

Stop 2: (I wasn't there - Mom and I parted ways - this is as she relayed it to me - and I'm not sure who sucked more)

So mom went to the Customers Suck Verily drugstore; Her and Dad are quitting smoking (YAY) and are using the clear-step-down-patch thingy, mom went in to buy a box - goes back to the pharmacy area, b/c at the malwart that's where those are and there is a girl in the pharmacy - no other customers, mom stands there, and waits, and waits and waits
    M-"excuse me"
    PG-"oh, did you need something?"
    M-"Where is stop-smoking-aid?"
    PG-"Behind the front counter" (with the cigs)
    M-"OooKay; then can you tell me where the Crutch tips are?
    PG - Just around the corner with the crutches*

* said apparently rather snottily - as in, "where else would they be?"

so mom goes around to where the crutches are, and looks, and looks and see Cane tips, but not Crutch tips (for those not aware, crutch tips are the little rubber things at the bottom of the crutch that provide traction/stability when you're swinging yourself on them - and they are larger than cane tips, and my mother walks on a carved wooden cane that is much thicker than a standard metal one)
    Another worker walks by, on their way to the back, and Mom asks them something after not being able to get PG's attention, but her asking someone else for help springs PG back in (reluctant) action
    M - Where are the [I]crutch[I] tips?
    PG - *scoff* Right here
    M - No, those are cane tips, i need a crutch tip, there's a difference
    PG - Oh, well then I guess we don't carry those
    M- Why didn't you tell me that in the first place, 'cause I though I was going blind missing them

prior to dealing with PG mom had picked up some shampoo that was 2 for $10, with $5-rebate, she also picked up a few other miscellaneous items

Mom gets to the register to check out - and notices that the name-brand stop-smoking patch is out of her price range, asks/looks at CustomerSuckVerily's band of similar item, and its even more expensive than what she normaly pays at malwart for namebrand and asked the cashier if they were aware of this was told, well pricing is different everywhere

asked about how the rebate thing worked, and was told it is for next purchase not an instant rebate
    *note - it was a rebate for X$ off next purchase, not X$ off next purchase of same item**
    M - then can we ring up those separately, and then ring up the rest of my stuff as a 2nd transaction, and use the coupon/rebate then?
    C- Uhhh, I guess so, if you really want to do it that way...
    M - Well, X$ off now is better than not being able to get it at all b/c i can't find my receipt the next time I come in.

So cashier rings her up 2x, and allows her to use the rebate on the 2nd transaction. yay

Meanwhile,2nd Stop B: (this was where I was while mom was having her fun)

So I stopped at Malwart to pick up my gifts; The Birthday girl is turning 40, and so a lot of people are getting their payback for the crap she gave them on big # birthdays, all in fun, but picking on her - and she's been warned LOL -

looking around, and thinking about getting her "old people vitamins" and that kind of thing, so I had picked up a bottle, then went on continued shopping.... finally made all my decisions, and went to check out, scored the emptiest line, and no she was not about to go on break!, started unloading the cart, and oh oops, i'd forgotten i still had the vitamins, so i handed them to the clerk, and said politely, "oh, I changed my mind on these, I'm sorry" and she set them aside.

the biggest WTF moment of shopping there - was the BIRD that flew up at me out of a cat litter box on the shelves

Malwart part deux: This time, we're both there.

Ok, so I spent too much on the gag-gift stuff for the B-Day girl, and had to take some back, and mom needed to see if she could pick up her stop-smoking-patch that was $$$ @ the other store.

We get there, and in the parking lot there is not 1, but 3, of the motorized carts in the parking lot - so mom grabs one for her use, and I hop on the other one in front of our car and ride it in, just to bring it in.

Mother drags me all over that store - despite me telling her my back and knee are hurting (why oh why didn't i just keep the cart?) nearly running me over more than once (usually while backing) and one time, she's slowly moving forward but these to little girls (under 8 yo) come skipping down the cross aisle, and when i put my hand on her shoulder to stop her, she tells me, "I wasn't going anywhere" "Another inch and you'd've smacked them" "but i wasn't going anywhere" (really, then why did you jerk to a stop?? - obviously unasked)
    At one point she looks at this makeup travel bag, that even comes with travel size bottles, and the reg. price is $13.97, well one of them has a red/black "price reduction sticker" that reads 3.97, but the spacing is a little off, if you look, you can see that the $1 has been cut off - but mom thinks about taking it up to the register and telling them that the "tag only says $3.97" and if they won't let it go for that, then I know she'll tell them, "Nevermind, I don't want it at that price, i was only gonna get it if it were the $3.97"
    Thankfully - she talked herself out of the travel bag before that fiasco could take place.

aannnd Fin!
    I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Quoth Treasure View Post
    the biggest WTF moment of shopping there - was the BIRD that flew up at me out of a cat litter box on the shelves
    Birds are quite frequent inside Malwarts, actually. They get in through the garden center and then into the store.

It's like the Great Horned owls that have been in the news for nesting in a different store's garden center.

Comment

Working...
    X