This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sighting from close to 10 years ago.

I am going to preface this that the context of this is religious, but does not need to turn into a religious debate.

I was in Houston for 2 years for the church I belong to. You've all seen them. Guys on bikes wearing shirts and ties. Whether or not you agree with what they have to say is irrelevant to this site's purpose. What we CAN all agree on is that no matter what side of an issue you're on, you should not act like a douche to the opposite side. One guy didn't get the memo.

We were invited to eat dinner at a church member's house who lived at 456 Fake street. On this particular street, there are two banks of four apartment units each. Each set has a different address. And they're each blocked off by a gate, so the person you know has to let you in.

We pull up to 123 Fake street to check that we had the right address. A guy comes out screaming at us that we need to go away. We tell him we're looking for Family who lives at 456 Fake and if this was the place. "No! This is not 123 and I don't know of a 456 or any Family that lives around her.

Turns out we had the correct street, but the address was slightly off, and the douche didn't even want to accept we were at the wrong address, nor was he helpful in pointing us to the right one.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Something tells me he's had a bad experience in the past... It is unfortunate that there are the missionaries who will become damned near militant with their attempts to convert people, because as much as I may disagree with doctrine, there are quite a few people who really could use what the church has to offer who are being pushed away by the people who take "soldiers of God" a bit too literally and will try to force the issue, which never works.

As it is, my upstairs neighbors were the victims of one of those overly militant missionaries at the old place that they lived (they would pound on their door at odd hours, yell through open windows, stop them while they walked down the street and refused to accept no for an answer because one member of a local ward had said that they may be interested, and obvioulsy this member could not possibly have been mistaken)... now the missionaries see our rainbow flag flying and they don't even bother stopping at our building

So, long story short, it doesn't forgive the guy for being a douchebag, but it may explain it a little.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
    X