This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Child SC

I witnessed this in a computer game shop with my dad. We were just browsing, when we heard:

SC: I DON'T CARE, I WANT MONEY, NOW!!!

We looked over, and saw a young boy, about 12 years old, yelling at the cashier, in quite possibly the nastiest, evil tone I have ever heard a child yell. The cashier looked completely shocked and flustered, he had no idea how to react to this child yelling at him.

Cashier: I'm sorry, but we can't give you a refund. We'll quite happily exchange it for...
    SC: NO! NO! NO! I TOLD YOU, I DON'T WANT A NEW GAME, I DON'T WANT TO EXCHANGE IT, I WANT MY MONEY, NOOOOOOWWW!!
    Cashier: I can't give you a refund....
    SC: YES YOU CAN! I USED MY BIRTHDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY MONEY TO PAY FOR THAT GAME, AND I WANT IT BACK!!!
    Cashier: I...I need to go get a manager...
    SC: GOOD! I DON'T WANT A NEW GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!

And where were the parents in this situation? Well, the mother was stood a few feet away from the register, with her arms folded, looking extremelly smug. The only way I can describe the look on her face was that she was thinking "That's my boy!!"

The kid turned around to face his mother.

SC: I AM NOT EXCHANGING THE GAME! I WANT MY MONEEEEEEEEEEY!

My dad grabbed me by the arm.

Dad: I need to get out this shop before I punch that kid in the face.

We left, so I didn't see how the story ended. But I hope it was a happy one, for the cashier.

I think we know how it probably ended. Years of spineless managers giving in to customers who throw a fit has taught people that they will get their way if they make enough of a scene in the store.

Comment

A strong argument for selective breeding. Or neutering and spaying.
      Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

Anyone else have this pop up in their heads?

My other car is a Mackinaw.

Comment

Quoth ZedOmega View Post
          Anyone else have this pop up in their heads?

The only difference is that she got what she deserved and so did her father who spoiled her and made her that way.

Comment

Ooompa-Loompa, doopity-doo...
            Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

Sad thing is I frequently encounter full grow adults who act just like that. Word for word even.

SC: NO! NO! NO! I TOLD YOU, I DON'T WANT A NEW [insert product here], I DON'T WANT TO EXCHANGE IT, I WANT MY MONEY, NOOOOOOWWW!!

Yes. Full grown adults. Throwing a tantrum like a small child.

Comment

Quoth Hyndis View Post
                Sad thing is I frequently encounter full grow adults who act just like that. Word for word even.

SC: NO! NO! NO! I TOLD YOU, I DON'T WANT A NEW [insert product here], I DON'T WANT TO EXCHANGE IT, I WANT MY MONEY, NOOOOOOWWW!!

Yes. Full grown adults. Throwing a tantrum like a small child.

I had an adult throw a fit like that when I worked in a video store... Someone wanted to rent new movies (1 day rentals) and keep them for a week (live out of town) and didn't want to pay for the extra days... the whole discussion ended with the person stamping her feet and shouting "BUT I DON'T WANT TO!!!" and storming out.

Funny thing is, I still see that SC at my other job, and I don't think she remembers me or the incident...
                "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

and if my mum had seen me act like that i would have got a wallop around the ears!

I would not be looked at with a smile, what is with Parent's these days perhaps 1 in 10 seem to be able to actually bring a child up correctly.

My mum tells me the tale often of when i threw a paddy in the middle of the market, claiming i was bored and wanted to go home, i threw myself on the floor and refused to move. My mum just walked off (keeping me in sight obvously) and i eventually followed. I didn't have that paddy again.

Comment

Ugggghhhhh.....

My job today was to take all the summer and pool toys out of backstock and work them into the aisle because they're either clearance now or are going to be clearance very soon.

As I'm doing this, I overhear some woman and a kid making their way through the toy department. Every so often the kid throws a fit because he sees some toy he wants, or he wants to go over and look at the Star Wars toys. Each time mom gently asks him to quiet down and be patient.

I swear they were in the department for 45 minutes or so. I am certain that at one time during their visit to the toy department, I heard the kid, who couldn't have been any older than 4 or 5, say "damn." Mom's responds by gently asking him not to say that word. As opposed to my mom, who would've knocked my head clear off my shoulder if I dared to utter that word in a store in her presence.

Then, as they're getting ready to leave, kid decides he wants a certain toy (even though I think he already got one), and decides to communicate his desire for this toy by throwing himself on the ground and wailing. And mom gently asks (as opposed to tells) the kid to quit crying and get up. She then says "Do you want me to spank you? In the store?" really non-commitally, as if to tell the kid "I'm not actually going to spank you; I'm just saying this so it looks like I'm in control and not the failure of a parent I obviously am."

Kid gets up and stops crying. Mom gets him the second toy. Kid leaves happy. I am convinced I was born to the wrong family.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I have an aunt who's a single mother with 4-year-old twins. If they don't listen the first time, my aunt simply adds "please" to her demand. They listen only when they want to, or when there are rewards for listening.

Then they met my mother for the first time...retired Army, raised five kids, etc etc...

Mom: Okay, girls, get in the car.
                      Kelly: NO!
                      Mom: Kelly, do you want me to come over there? You won't like me if I come over there.
                      K: NO! I'm looking mean at you!
                      Mom: I'm looking mean right back! *gives the MOMMY GLARE*
                      K: NO!
                      Mom: Get in the car or I will pick you up and put you in it.
                      K: No you won't!
                      Mom: *walks over, picks Kelly up under one arm, and walks her over to the car*
                      K: *kicking and screaming* I'll kick you in the face!
                      Mom: *laughs at her* No you won't. *puts her down next to the car* Now get in the car.
                      K: NOOOOOOO!
                      Mom: *grabs Kelly by the wrist and ankle and easily puts her in the car*
                      K:

I wish I could have seen it...my sister said it was absolutely hilarious. Kelly's twin decided it was a good idea to listen to Mom and got in the car quietly.
                      It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                        She then says "Do you want me to spank you? In the store?" really non-commitally, as if to tell the kid "I'm not actually going to spank you; I'm just saying this so it looks like I'm in control and not the failure of a parent I obviously am."

Kid gets up and stops crying.
                        Given that he actually stopped crying, she might have meant it. Some of the best threats are very "oh, I'm not saying anything worth taking notice of". Of course, with just the parts I quoted it looks quite plausible. With the fact that he got the toy anyhow, not so much.

Comment

My mother, God rest her, had a very simple solution to me or my siblings throwing a fit. The back of her hand. Worked wonders. Of course, with me, she only had to SAY she was going to, although one time she did, and yeah, it taught me a lesson! You did NOT mess with my mother!
                          "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

My mom said I threw a fit once and only once for her in a store. Then never again.
                            She said if you continue like this we are leaving. I kept up my fit. She apologized to the employee and asked if he could take the cart, then we left. We went home, I went into time out.
                            From then on I knew my parents meant it when they said we would leave if I had a fit. She did the same thing to my little cousins too when they were visiting. Kids aren't stupid, they know mom or dad won't leave their shopping or what ever they are doing. Mom proved me wrong and I ended up a well behaved kid because of it.
                            I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

If that was my kid I would be ashamed, and I'd be making him apologize, then dragging his ass back to the car, not sitting back and looking smug.

Gee I wonder where the kid learned such behavior? I bet he's witnessed mommy dearest, throw similar tantrums before.

My almost 2 year old knows I won't tolerate him throwing a fit, and I will not tolerate it when he gets older either. I won't let my kids grow up to be little EWs or condone that type of behavior.

Comment

Working...
                              X