Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haha...a regular..you're funny! (long winded, as is my style)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haha...a regular..you're funny! (long winded, as is my style)

Alright, took quite a bit of a hiatus from posting on the boards, but now I'm back with some amusing quips.

For about the past...4-5 months I've been a regular at this gay cowboy bar here at home, go in about 5-7 days a week, every person on staff knows me, if not by name then at least by look, I've become really good friends with the guys who run the karaoke there and have become basically an apprentice, learning how to run the sound board and etc. etc, and I also help set up the tables and occasionally run spotlight for the big drag show we have every Sunday night. This delightful story involves the latter.

Pride weekend hits, downtown is hoppin, and considering the bar is about 5 blocks away from the main festivities it's busy all day. I go downtown w/ my friends for a few hours, try to watch En Vogue perform but the term clusterfu** doesn't BEGIN to describe the amount of people there, so I figure I'll pack it in a bit early, head back to the bar and start setting up tables for the show since there's absolutely NO doubt that we're going to be completely full up.

Myself and the other guy who sets up (it's his job, mainly, I'm just general help, haha) begin to bring up chairs and tables, it's about...6:30 p.m, the show starts at 9, but it'll take us until at the very least 8 or 8:30 to get everything set up due to the sheer amount of people who booked tables. The show takes place on the main dance floor, but the tables are set up along the edge, and for how INSANELY packed the place is, there's no one on the dance floor, everyone is outside or hanging on the edges. We get all the tables set up and start working on the chairs when this guy in a cheap, plastic cowboy hat comes up to me, obviously being one of the people who've been drinking for the past 5 hours. I have NEVER seen this guy in the place before and he's obviously just playing dress up since his friends said he was coming to this bar:

DA=dumbass
    Me=yo

DA: Hey! What are you doing?

Me: Oh, we're setting up tables for the drag show tonight.

DA: Wait?! Are you setting them up or taking them down?!

Me: (thinking: ...seriously? Were they here an hour ago? Does the term 'setting up' have a different meaning wherever you're from? Does the fact my friend is SETTING UP MORE CHAIRS BEHIND ME mean anything to you?) We're setting them up.

DA: What?! That's tonight!?

Me: Yep. Every Sunday.

DA: But....but it's Pride! You're seriously doing it tonight!

Me: (thinking: well, not me, personally, I'm a bit too stubborn of a bear to shave enough for drag....) Um...yeah. It's been posted for a while, tonights gonna be a pretty big night.

DA: Well, us REGULARS were wondering what you were doing. Can't you just take everything down and put it up when the show starts?

Me: .....no.

DA: Just letting you know, you're pissing off alot of the regulars.....

Idiot kept talking, but I walked away 'cause I know that if I smarted off to this guy he'd fight me, and as much as management loves me they'd have to kick us both out and call the cops. What I WANTED to say was, "Look buddy. I've been coming here EVERY DAY for the past...2 weeks now (lots of events, I actually haven't been properly drunk in a while :-P), and up until now I've NEVER seen you. You may think it's cute to dress like a cowboy, come in here, and try to act tough, but believe me when I say that you're nothing but a poser." And as far as all the regulars I was pissing off? I'd really like to see them, cause the rest of the night was nothing but hugs, "hi sweety"s, and a couple free drinks Not to mention for the couple of line dances/two step songs that came up between the time we finished table set up and the show started, the couple of people who did want to dance (not including dumbass) found a way to dance in the middle of the dance floor.

Haha, long set up, short story...yep, I'm back :-P. Will probably have to post a couple of the delightful karaoke stories that will be popping up since, for whatever reason, people think that I'm a pushover when I'm running the show myself. Ah...the stories I could tell them...
    "Some wounds grow worse beneath the surgeon's hand; better that they were not touched at all."

Quoth Morningchaser View Post
    at this gay cowboy bar here at home.
    Why do I feel the sudden desire to go to Denver coming on
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
      Why do I feel the sudden desire to go to Denver coming on
      You and me both! (I'll bring the camera.)
      "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
        Karaoke Monday and Wednesday, Bingo Tuesday, Line Dance Lessons Wednesday and Friday (with the exception of today where we're learning Chill Factor from 6-8! Squee!!!), Two Step lessons Thursday and Saturday, and the Drag Show on Sunday. Fun for the entire family!...that's 21 and doesn't mind a mountain of offensive humor. haha
        "Some wounds grow worse beneath the surgeon's hand; better that they were not touched at all."

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
          CS ROAD TRIP!

And Morning: Love the avatar. I's gonna be Pavi for Halloween
          Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

Karaoke Monday and Wednesday, Bingo Tuesday, Line Dance Lessons Wednesday and Friday (with the exception of today where we're learning Chill Factor from 6-8! Squee!!!), Two Step lessons Thursday and Saturday, and the Drag Show on Sunday. Fun for the entire family!...that's 21 and doesn't mind a mountain of offensive humor. haha
            It's only offensive if someone gets offended!

And people who get offended easily (or even moderately) shouldn't be going to drag shows in the first place.

*camera click*
            "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Oooh, drag show, I'm insanely interested now. I second the road trip!
              Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Haha, hooray! Here's a few teasers from youtube since this is apparently the hot button of this thread. lol:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DPwbi3jkTA <--Ginger Sexton doing Bad Romance. Amazing performer in and out of drag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdjzzeo_NWk <---Venus Sexton, the same can definately be said of her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inu4u...eature=related <--Felony Misdemeanor, There are no words just...just watch. She's amazing!

Comment

I think, as a straight lady who doesn't go to bars or clubs, that going to a gay bar like that would be wonderously fun. I'd take my beloved with me, but I'd be afraid I'd get into an arguement with the ladies over him and his long, beautiful, blonde hair! Ahhhh just seems fun.

And Miss Felony was absolutely amazing!

Comment

I am having serious second thoughts about having my honeymoon in Nevada
                    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

... so do you welcome bi females? Who are perfectly comfortable with knowing they don't interest the regulars?
                      Seshat's self-help guide:
                      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Hahah, we welcome absolutely everyone. Male, Female, Undecided, Fluid, Gay, Bi, Straight, Asexual, Undecided, we love everyone! Hehe. As one of the queens said one night, "Are you two straight? You are! Why do you look so scared, we LOVE straight people. Cause they make gay babies." ^_^

Comment

En Vogue is still around?
                          "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

"Are you two straight? You are! Why do you look so scared, we LOVE straight people. Cause they make gay babies." ^_^
                            Thank you, I choked on my tea and got an ice cube up my nose.

I wanna go to the bar, too! Who has my harness this time?
                            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Working...
                            X