This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy old bat saves invisible children

I was in the local park, minding my own business sitting on a bench having a smoke and reading my book, when this woman came up to me.

"You're giving the children cancer!" she screeched.

There were no children around me at all; I was right on the other side of the park from the children's playground, and I was careful enough to sit away from any kids. I pointed this out to her, and she glared at me before walking away to bother someone else.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

People like that don't like having common sense pointed out to them. Evidently you were supposed to put your cigarette out immediately and apologize to her profusely. :-p
    Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

If that was me I would do this: *looks around, looks at old lady, smiles at old lady* Well children, you're all going to die today. *continues smoking*
      ......../\
      ....../__\
      ..../\...../\
      ../__\../__\

Comment

Had a similar experience last year (background: it is illegal to smoke in train terminals, but not on train platforms since they're all technically outdoors, only exceptions are Metro stations and/or one single underground railway station).

I, Mr. Zel and MIL are having a smoke while waiting for the train. Crazy old bat passes us while waving her arms frantically about and shouting "OMG OMG OMG you aren't allowed to smoke here it's ILLEGAL!!!1111!!!eleventy!!"

And she proceeds to complain to a train conductor further down the platform. Said conductor is... having a smoke break on the platform. Good luck getting THAT complaint through, lady
        A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
          If that was me I would do this: *looks around, looks at old lady, smiles at old lady* Well children, you're all going to die today. *continues smoking*
          LOL....that would be awesome.

Comment

Very nice.

I think another good response would have been looking dead seriously at her and saying "I don't think I'll do TOO much, they're already invisible."
            Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
              Lulzers. I'm definitely going to use that line next time a crazed old bat bothers me while I'm having a smoke. XD
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

I would do that except I don't smoke.
                ......../\
                ....../__\
                ..../\...../\
                ../__\../__\

Comment

Working...
                X