This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heated discussion

Picture it; Phoenix, AZ. 100+ heat & humid waiting for Post Office to open. Lady asks you if you know that Jesus died for your sins.

Do you:

A - Tell her thank you but I'm not interested.

B - Thank her & ask for details.

C - Turn on your gayest, drag voice & charm & say in a loud voice, "GREAT! Cuz there are still SOOO many sins I want to try!"

If you answered either A or B, you are not me!
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

I so want to follow you around with a camera. This stuff has GOT to be filmed for posterity.
    What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
      Picture it; Phoenix, AZ. 100+ heat & humid waiting for Post Office to open. Lady asks you if you know that Jesus died for your sins.

Do you:

A - Tell her thank you but I'm not interested.

B - Thank her & ask for details.

C - Turn on your gayest, drag voice & charm & say in a loud voice, "GREAT! Cuz there are still SOOO many sins I want to try!"

If you answered either A or B, you are not me!
      Why couldn't i've been there to see that?
      Seph
      Taur10
      "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
        And here I'm picturing Craig Ferguson when he does that.
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Sheldon, I so wanna steal you here. My guests wouldn't know what to do with you.

Comment

Was she pestering you about it or had she just asked? Because it's seems to me that if she's pestering sure, chase her off with C, but if she was just asking a question, then that's a little overkill.
            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

This is why I bought my first car at 19. If I'd wanted to be prostelyized to, I would have gone to church.
              Random conversation:
              Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
              DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
                Was she pestering you about it or had she just asked? Because it's seems to me that if she's pestering sure, chase her off with C, but if she was just asking a question, then that's a little overkill.
                Pestering is in the eye of the beholder. She didn't say hello or good morning, just the question about jesus. I find that rude, especially when it's hot and I'm soaking with sweat.
                "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

i agree with sheldon; having been approached by way too many religious recruiters for my tastes, to be approached out of the blue is rude.

you found religion, great; doesn't mean everyone wants to.
                  look! it's ghengis khan!
                  Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Javarod View Post
                    Why couldn't i've been there to see that?
                    I was thinking the same thing!

But I'm gonna use that line the next time someone says something along those lines to me.
                    wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?
                    ----
                    Yes, that’s right. It’s a pair of gold foil headphones. Gold foil. Finally, headphones just as awful as your taste in music.

Comment

That's amazing. =D

I did tell a jehovah's witness once that I had taken satan as my personal savior. His own damn fault for approaching an eleven year old in the first place.

Comment

I'm too shy to pick anything similar to option C. I usually go with option D and just not say anything and tune the person out.

A quick background. I don't see well enough to drive, so I use my bike or take the buss. A few months ago, I was on my way to get something for lunch before work, and I was waiting for my light to turn green. She kept going on about how I shouldn't wait to repent for my sins. This is actually something taught in my relgion, but I'm happy with it, so I'm not changing for this lady. Once my light turned green, she shouted a parting shot about how my bike isn't going to save me.

If I was more of a smart alec, I would have said something to get a reaction I'm sure I would have gotten from this type of person.
                        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

*in sugary southern belle voice*"All that, just for me? Aww, he shouldn't have..... (wait for it)...*sultry pron voice* I don't believe in Sin, if it feels good, do it! sugar"
                          I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

I am SO doing that line in an accent like Treasure's. (since I'm female and all)

I may not be gay, but there are enough sins I've already committed in my lifetime.....

Also, is it odd that I can actually DO a decent southern belle voice despite not having left Australia?

(apparaently even South australians have an accent, whether or not we do is questionable)
                            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
                              Also, is it odd that I can actually DO a decent southern belle voice despite not having left Australia?
                              Most of the American Southern accents have always sounded like a cross between Australian and English to me.
                              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                              X