X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking office gives customer a receipt but no token

Long post.

My co-worker told me when happened with the 2 customers yesterday when she got to work.

You can either buy a token at the Parking office or at the vending machine. The parking office gives you a receipt plus your token.

The first customer:

My co-worker dealt with a guy who bought a token at the parking office but only received a receipt. There was a female passenger with him. The first the guy came he paid for his parking at the Parking office but he only received a receipt. He pressed the call box at the Visitor parking exit gate, the call went to dispatch, who then transferred the call to the Visitor parking booth. The guy told my co-worker he only had a receipt, no token. She my co-worker said "you did not get a token?" He said "no, only a receipt." So she grabbed the clicker, went up to the exit gate, & checked his receipt. She let him out.

The second customer:

Guy walks up to the window & shows my co-worker what the parking office gave him...a receipt. She said "you did not get a token?" He said "no, they did not give me one." She let him out. He exited, parked in front of the Visitor parking booth, & walked up to the window. My co-worker could tell he was frustrated. He asked her why the parking office did this. She did not have an answer.

The third customer:

Was the guy and the female customer who returned. He pressed the call boxd when he got to the exit gate & told my co-worker "I paid for my parking at the parking office, but they only gave me a receipt." So she said "you did not get a token?" He said "no." She transfers the call to the parking office, & "Nancy" speaks to him at the call box. She calls my co-worker & tells he to check his receipt. If it has today's date, let him out. So she walks up to the exit gate & checks his receipt. "Nancy" is still on the line. He was frustrated, & he asks my co-worker "why does the parking office do this?" My co-worker did not have an answer. Then the female passenger says "if he received a token, he would not have to press the call box." My co-worker said "yes." "Nancy" probably heard what the guy said. His receipt had the correct date on it, & so she let him out.

The strange this is this...
    My co-worker said only these 2 customers did not have a token to exit. Everybody else before them & after them had a token to exit.

Then when she got to work today she told me the guy with the female customer walked by her window yesterday. They parked at the metered lot, which is owned & operated by the city, not the university. The guy told her "I do not want to park in visitor parking anymore & so I parked over there" *points to the metered lot*

My co-worker then asked him if he paid the meter, & he said "I thought parking is free over there."

My co-worker said "no, & you might get a ticket if you did not pay."

He then said "how do you know that?"

She said "because the meter maid checks the meters over there."

He said "oh..ok" & he goes inside the main building.

The meter maid arrives several minutes later.
Working...
X