X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchen Nightmares

This one still pisses me off.

Guest starts rummaging through our plates and silverware I had already set out. He then goes into the kitchen and pours some cereal. I don't know if he put milk on it before I kicked him out of there. I had to very sternly told him the kitchen is employees only. I then made a big show to lock the door. I normally keep it open for convenience.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Stuff like this is why I use air quotes when referring to them as guests. As someone's guest, I would not presume to just help myself to stuff.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

kinda like the SCs who think the employee break room is open to customers. even if you have to wander through the back for a few minutes to find it.

Comment

Ooh. Kitchen invaders. That's when you need the food police.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
          Or a Roach Hotel, Extra-Huge Gigantic size.

(insert mental image of SC stuck to floor)
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
            Or a Roach Hotel, Extra-Huge Gigantic size.

(insert mental image of SC stuck to floor)
            I wonder who sells those . . . we need those at work for the once in a blue moon backroom invaders.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
              I wonder who sells those . . . we need those at work for the once in a blue moon backroom invaders.
              I do know you'll have a hell of a time getting a rat-size glue trap off your shoe...
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I'm seeing it now.

A door that says "Employees Only". Customer ignores sign. Walks in. Shoes get stuck, then socks (ala Marv from on of the "Home Alone" movies). Then customer starts yelling and screaming for help. (Un)fortunately, the room is sound proof.

3 months later, it's time to empty the trap.

SC
                "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
                  I'm seeing it now.

A door that says "Employees Only". Customer ignores sign. Walks in. Shoes get stuck, then socks (ala Marv from on of the "Home Alone" movies). Then customer starts yelling and screaming for help. (Un)fortunately, the room is sound proof.

SC
                  That would be totally awesome. Could you see the infomercial on tv featuring Vince the Sham-Wow guy?
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                    Definitely, because the do-it-yourself methods of food security don't work. I know - I put lox on my bagel, but it didn't stop the noodles Romanoff, or keep the German cake from being Stollen.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      Definitely, because the do-it-yourself methods of food security don't work. I know - I put lox on my bagel, but it didn't stop the noodles Romanoff, or keep the German cake from being Stollen.
                      #groan#
                      Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
                      At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post

SC
                        Somehow I get the feeling the trap would need to be emptied more often than that...
                        Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth Syriilord View Post
                          Somehow I get the feeling the trap would need to be emptied more often than that...
                          Me too, especially if a coworker or manager were to be inadvertently caught in it.

Comment

this is extremely annoying to me too. Once I had a group of rowdy boys harassing me cuz it was 3am and every place was closed and they were hungry and what'd you mean you only have candy & fruit to eat?! They were demanding tacos and meat; what d'you think we're a fricking mexican restaurrant?! After repeatedly telling them there was nothing, they proceeded to harass the donut guy, the vendor who bring the donuts for the breakfast, who stupidly said he had donuts (I hate that guy) and they went crazy & followed him into our back kitchen, where he nonclantantly put the donuts down & walked out. They scarfed up practically all of them before I kicked them out, like a pack of hyenas. Not even ashamed! SMH
                            Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                            The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Some people seem to think since the breakfast is "free" the should be able to get it any time. We always have people who are taking the shuttle to the airport before breakfast starts demand they be given some breakfast. I guess they didn't read the sign that says we offer a free breakfast between 6am and 10am.
                              "Some times you just need to punch someone in the face"'Dalia Lama

Comment

Working...
                              X