This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now you can use phones through walls!

It's 6am. I am checking out an early departure. 410 calls the desk.

Me: Front Desk.
    SC: Yeah this is 409 and we extended our stay yesterday until Monday. They didn't tell us that we needed new keys and I went to the laundry room, where my keys didn't work, and I am locked out of my room. You need to send up new keys!
    Me: I am very sorry about that ma'am. Unfortunately I am the only clerk at the desk and am currently assisting a guest. I just need to find a housekeeper and they will bring your keys right up.
    SC: HOW LONG IS THAT GOING TO BE!
    Me: I am not sure ma'am but should not be more than a few minutes.
    SC: (screaming so loud the guest at the desk is mortified) THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH! WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO IS BRING ME MY KEYS RIGHT NOW! I AM IN THE HALL IN MY BATHROBE!
    Me: I will do my best ma'am.
    SC: NO YOU WILL DO WHAT I TOLD YOU! *click*

I find the houseman and send them up with the keys. Not a minute goes by and 410 calls the desk again.

SC: WHERE ARE MY KEYS!
    Me: They are on their way up right now ma'am.
    SC: *click*

Now I get a call from 409. Her voice is calm like nothing happened... uh oh...

SC: Thank you for the keys, but I can't get them to work in the laundry room door.
    Me: I am very sorry about that ma'am. If your room key is not working in the door the lock must be malfunctioning. I will send up maintenance right away.
    SC: Thank you. *click*

Is it over? Hah! You are funny! 409 calls again.

SC: I want your name so I can file a complaint. I had to call from the hallway! Any person who thinks it is appropriate to make a guest wait in the hall in their bathrobe needs to be fired.
    Me: My name is <dontgiveafuck>. Ma'am you called from inside 410 not the hallway. (yeah I should have let it go but she was lying through her teeth)
    SC: (stutters before screaming) I'M NOT GOING TO ARGUE WITH YOU! I HAD TO CALL FROM THE HALLWAY! THIS IS YOUR FAULT SINCE THE IDIOT WHO EXTENDED OUR STAY DIDN'T TELL US WE NEEDED NEW KEYS AND YOU NEEDED TO FIX THE SITUATION AND YOU DIDN'T! YOU EXTENDED OUR STAY LAST NIGHT DIDN'T YOU! I WAS WAITING IN THE HALLWAY FOR FIFTEEN MINUTES IN MY BATHROBE! (it took him maybe three minutes to get up there.)
    Me: No ma'am I did not extend any stays last night. You were in 410 calling and not the hallway.
    SC: WHO WAS IT THEN!
    Me: I am not sure ma'am. There were three clerks on before I arrived.
    SC: WHEN YOU SEND KEYS UP THEY NEED TO BE IN JACKETS (I thought you wanted them NOW?) AND I KNOW IT WAS YOU LAST NIGHT! *click*

Houseman comes down with a look on his face like you would expect. Said she came out of 410 right as he got there. Just like I knew she would. Apparently him telling her that this set of keys was for 409 and this set of keys is for 410 is very hard to remember two steps from both doors. His comment was how miserable of a person do you have to be to act like that?

So that's the end right? NOPE! Get another call from 409.

Me: (cringing as I answer the phone) Front Desk.
    SC: WHERE IS THE MAINTENANCE MAN!
    Me: He is working on the laundry room door ma'am. There is a malfunction he needs to fix.
    SC: HOW LONG IS THAT GOING TO TAKE!
    Me: I am not sure ma'am.
    SC: YOU TELL HIM HE NEEDS TO CALL ME WHEN THE LAUNDRY ROOM DOOR IS FIXED! *click*

What a wonderful start to the morning huh! Oh and lucky me! She will still be here when I come on shift tonight!

I feel for hotel employees. It must be so hard knowing where they sleep and not being able to do anything about it.

Comment

You did no wrong with arguing with the SC where they were calling from. I'd have done the same.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Same here.

SC
        "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

That's when you call her up as a "Courtesy" call and start yelling at her like she yelled at you asking, "IS EVERYTHING OKAY? I WANTED TO BE PROACTIVE AND CALL YOU FIRST BEFORE YOU YELL- ER I MEAN, CALLED ME.."

Bwaahaahaahaa

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
            You did no wrong with arguing with the SC where they were calling from. I'd have done the same.
            Actually, I wouldn't call it arguing - stating a fact when the SC is claiming otherwise is just that, stating the truth, not arguing (IMO).

Madness takes it's toll....
            Please have exact change ready.

Comment

How in the world do you do it? I'd never make it without dishing some out to people like that. You deserve a raise.

Comment

I hate that. Showing them up as wrong=arguing, in their mind.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                  Actually, I wouldn't call it arguing - stating a fact when the SC is claiming otherwise is just that, stating the truth, not arguing (IMO).
                  If I argue with the SC, I must take up a contradictory position.
                  To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Wait, so it was ok to go to the laundry room in her robe but not ok to be in the hall in her robe? Do you have transporters in your rooms? Did she beam herself down to the laundry room? WTH??? I don't step foot outside my hotel room in a robe for anything. She's just a bitchy person and just wants to make everyone else as miserable as she is.
                    there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

Quoth AyreBiskits View Post
                      I don't step foot outside my hotel room in a robe for anything.
                      I can't decide if this is class or self-respect.

SC
                      "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
                        I can't decide if this is class or self-respect.

SC

It's both.
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

So she was calling to complain about being locked out when she was not in fact locked out? Wow. . . just random bitching huh? She probably just needs to get laid, badly.

Comment

Glad somebody else picked up on the whole it was alright for her to walk through the hall like that, but if she had to stand there nope its not ok anymore! She had two rooms, one for her husband and the other for herself. She called from her husband's room while claiming she was in the hall.

Comment

Quoth Etna View Post
                              She had two rooms, one for her husband and the other for herself.
                              Wait, what?

Comment

Working...
                              X