Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never been to any...er..."underground train sandwich" restaurant where extra meat was included at all o_O I'm sure you're glad you'll never have to deal with their poorly-worded ANY ANY ANY regular FIVE DOLLAR FOOT LOOOOOOOOOOONG nonsense ever again!

Then again, most people here get po-boys instead ^_^ Larger, broader sammiches, with noticeably more meat and such (awesome roast beef, steaming hot and full of gravy dripping off the sides at many places), for roughly the same price. I do admit I hit the Way once in awhile when I get a craving for MrPiBB. Almost nobody else seems to carry it any more.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth ShinyGreenApple
      If you see me smiling while waiting on customers (mind, customers that I haven't shared a pleasant conversation or joke with), it's probably because I've been cutting up with the pharmacist(s) and techs in the back, and it probably involved us bitching about or making fun of some of our more 'interesting' customers. It can also be because a dirty thought or conversation I had with someone popped into my head and I couldn't hold back the smile. Either way, it's not good
      This. So this. There's a rare few customers that I like enough to make me smile. And they're the ones that can tell I'm having a bad day without me even saying anything.
      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

I'm kind of guilty of #1. I once ordered a sandwich I've never had before and I asked the worker there what sauce he would recommend. I followed that recommendation and it was delicious!
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

If I'm going to ask for a recommendation, I'll ask for the whole thing to be suggested; which veggies etc. can be so subjective and as the OP states, if you dis/like something the other disagrees with then it's a minefield.

it does sound like constructive dismissal, but asking you to sign something stating you quit is bullshit - unless you're getting paid full notice, of course!

I had someone last week come in bitching & moaning, then asking why I was so reticent to assist - pointing out that they were being foul-mouthed & insulting only registered long enough to get a faux-apology before they just went back to treating me the same way... Unsurprisingly, they left unsatisfied
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I hate being told to smile! It's bad enough that I've had to re-train face to not look pissed off when I'm relaxed, now you want me to smile as well? Yeah? F@#$ You!

I've witnessed several SC's at The Way of the Sub.. I would have to have myself commited after working there for a few hours, I'm glad you out of there.
            http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

1. "What veggies are GOOD on this?"
              That one got me thinking too.... the customer wouldn't like my answer. Cos I love jalapeños, banana peppers, and pretty much EVERY hot veggie subway carries, except for the chopped red pepper thingies.

so if they ask what's good... i'd be tempted to say that.

and if they complain... well how am I suppose to know what you like? I only know what I like!

Comment

Quoth TheTigress View Post
                1. "What veggies are GOOD on this?"
                Why, ALL of them, of course! They're all fresh and totally yummy! Now...what kinds of veggies do YOU like?
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

Sucks to hear you got fired, but at the same time, congrats, and especially grats on doing better for yourself without that cruddy job! <high fives>
                  By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                    That one got me thinking too.... the customer wouldn't like my answer. Cos I love jalapeños, banana peppers, and pretty much EVERY hot veggie subway carries, except for the chopped red pepper thingies.
                    IDK. A lot of subshops around my area have veggies that will come with a particular sub if you don't specify otherwise (listed on the menu board). You can get anything you want or nothing and in any combination but they have recommended veggies.

I think a lot of people who ask, "what veggies are good on this?" or "what normally comes with this" are probably people who frequent a place like that and are new to Subway's way of doing it.
                    You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

Best thing to do when someone wants you to smile on command is to stop what you are doing, look straight at them, and slowly pull your face into the creepiest, biggest grin you can. Bonus points if you keep your face thus contorted throughout the rest of your interaction with the asswipe. Extra bonus points if you make your voice honey drippingly sweet to accompany said grin.
                      Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                        ...And of course, that answer would be "wrong" because it likely won't match up with the list of veggie toppings they were already thinking of, but asked about anyway >_<

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                          Sucks to hear you got fired, but at the same time, congrats, and especially grats on doing better for yourself without that cruddy job! <high fives>
                          Thank you! My new self employment is going very well right now. I love being my own boss. I even got a commission from someone off of this site yesterday.

Quoth Caractacus_Potts View Post
                          IDK. A lot of subshops around my area have veggies that will come with a particular sub if you don't specify otherwise (listed on the menu board). You can get anything you want or nothing and in any combination but they have recommended veggies.

I think a lot of people who ask, "what veggies are good on this?" or "what normally comes with this" are probably people who frequent a place like that and are new to Subway's way of doing it.
                          Certain sandwiches I do remember them having a "standard" veggie list, but no one ever read those menus so I never bothered with it. They definitely coudn't/refused to read the prices of things up there so hoping for the veggies was far too optimistic. The pastrami was very simple, though. Pickles and mustard, so if anyone asked what came on it, I'd tell them that.

Quoth 42_42_42 View Post
                          Best thing to do when someone wants you to smile on command is to stop what you are doing, look straight at them, and slowly pull your face into the creepiest, biggest grin you can. Bonus points if you keep your face thus contorted throughout the rest of your interaction with the asswipe. Extra bonus points if you make your voice honey drippingly sweet to accompany said grin.
                          That....is awesome.
                          My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
                          My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

Quoth TheTigress View Post

That....is awesome.
                            This isn't a smile - it's a snarl.

Comment

Do you think you're going to get any updates on how much of a struggle they have in replacing you and the others?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                                Do you think you're going to get any updates on how much of a struggle they have in replacing you and the others?

Rapscallion
                                When my co worker R was there., she was giving me all the details. All I know is they ended up hiring two new girls. Still a pretty thin payroll in my opinion. Here's some first hand inside info about Subway, especially mine. They prefer hiring girls over guys because of the whole stigma of a "female making sandwiches" and also the fact that they think girls will be less confrontational to both customers and management (aka: easier to manipulate). Our owner was also racist in that he would never hire a black person, even though we had many put in applications. In my nearly 6 years of working there, not a single black person was ever hired during that time.
                                My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
                                My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

Working...
                                X