X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diabetus

BG: Our soda machine is out of order. /BG

I'm still wondering how sucky this was. I don't know anything about diabetes, so this SC may have lied to me.

SC comes down and notices our pop machine out of order.

SC: Could I get a glass of orange juice for my boyfriend? He's diabetic.
    Me: Sure. (I go to unlock and turn on the juice machine)

SC (contemplating her choices) Hmm, which kind should I get?
    Me: Did your bf specifically ask for OJ?
    SC: Yes
    Me: Then I think you should get that.
    SC: I don't take orders from anyone.
    Me: We're talking about a person's health here.
    SC: I was just kidding!

Fine, but for me, you don't joke about shit when it comes to people's health. Maybe apple or cranberry would have been just fine, but it still wouldn't have been what the BF asked for.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

From what I observed from a diabetic former coworker, orange juice is the go to juice in such situations.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Yup, orange juice is the best (or at least the most popular choice), my brother keeps a crate of the stuff in his trunk for when he needs to get his blood-sugar levels corrected.
      Last edited by Xarlaxas; 03-19-2012, 03:40 PM.

Comment

My dad could generally just have anything with sugar.. but his wasnt that bad. Or he might have been doing it wrong.

Comment

Aye, it's the sugar that's the important thing, but really, if your boyfriend is diabetic and says Orange Juice, then you should be getting him Orange Juice! Can't imagine that relationship has much hope if she takes medical requests as "orders." Heaven help the guy if he ever collapses. . . .

Comment

I'm sorry, I just have to do it...

PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

i'm a type 1 diabetic, and any liquid with lots of sugar in it will work. I usually keep some form of candy stashed nearby just in case.

Comment

Speaking of diabeetus I met Wilford Brimley personally - he lives in the same small western town as my mom. Never heard him say diabeetus in person though LOL

Comment

I like doing apple juice myself, orange juice (certain kinds) leave a bad taste in the back of my mouth.

Comment

Me: Did your bf specifically ask for OJ?
                    SC: Yes
                    Me: Then I think you should get that.
                    Sounds like her BF needs to upgrade to someone who's not a jerk.

Comment

O_o If that was a joke, it was a very odd one...if a loved one of mine was in danger of going into diabetic shock I wouldn't be wasting time joking that I was a control freak. Then again, I guess it could have very well been someone just scamming some OJ...either way, pretty pathetic...
                      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Must be unemployed, then.
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth roxtar View Post
                          i'm a type 1 diabetic, and any liquid with lots of sugar in it will work. I usually keep some form of candy stashed nearby just in case.
                          I have issues with blood sugar(borderline hypoglycemic), I keep "shot blocks" around-they're solid forms of the glucose shots for cyclists-made with rice sugar so they don't taste as awful as the paste "shots", also jelly belly "sport beans" are good and tasty...
                          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Yes, generally anything with sugar in it will raise your blood sugar up - temporarily.
                            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                            X