This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *mumble, mumble*

First day of Cashier training at the Big Red Bullseye and so far things are going smoothly. I even picked up an extra shift which I hope will impress the bosses as well as add a few coins to the coffers as it were.

For the most part the customers are decent people and are easy to work with. There was one however who, while not being as nasty as the ones I've mentioned in past threads, was worthy of a mention.

Customer comes into my line with a couple rolls of gift wrapping paper. Speaking in a very low voice at the far end of the conveyor, she holds them up.

SC: mumble, mumble
    Me: I'm sorry?
    SC: Mumble, mumble, wrapping paper.
    Me: You want both of them?
    SC: I need -mumble, mumble, mumble-
    Me: Oh, you'd like a price check? Okay.

So I do the price check. Each roll is 4.99.

SC: Mumble, mumble, mumble rip off.
    Me: *Politely* So do you only want one?
    SC: Mumble, mumble, mumble, mumble.
    Me: Oh, so, both of them?
    SC: Mumble, mumble, mumble.

So I wring everything up without a hitch. She mumbles some more about how much two boys summer outfits cost and insists she has to buy both of those as well.

All in all, not a bad start to the job.

If it's too expensive, why doesn't she go elswhere? I had her in my line the other day. I thought, "Fine. Go to Competition." I mean, why do I care?
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
      For the most part the customers are decent people and are easy to work with.
      Well now you've jinxed it
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Yeah, just wait 'til Christmas.

Comment

Why wait? I have Easter just around the corner, which is basically Christmas Part Three.

Comment

Oh yeah, and spring break. But it's worse for me, as my store is attached to a mall.

Comment

Even better, you can run a Super Duper Uber Mega Super Stupendous Lowest Prices of the Season sale that ends the day before Easter.

At least it will blow out a lot of our Easter stuff. But next weekend will be not fun.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Poor Boy, you've just started. Just wait till you've been there awhile. They get worse. Yeah, I also work at the Bullseye..
                "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

I've been working retail for almost ten years. Believe me, I know they can get worse. It just doesn't behoove me to go in there expecting things to suck from day one.

Comment

I've been in retail for over 15 years at various place (last 5 at Bullseye). And I do have to say that most of them (customers) are pretty good. I've got people I enjoy seeing in my line and then there are those that I cringe when I see them.
                    "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Working...
                    X