This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear iPad customers :

No, I don't know when the next shipment of the new iPad is coming in. You can be assured if I did, I would tell you. I'm paid to make money for my company.

Telling me another store told you we had them won't work. Because we don't have them. Staring me directly in my eyes and trying to catch me in a lie won't work, either. Because we don't have them.

The difference between the iPad 2 and the new one aren't that big a deal to me. Hey, you asked me for my opinion.

Tearing apart every case we have and dropping the cases and boxes everywhere does not endear you to me. In fact, I hope you get hit by a bus. And a truck.

You should get the ADH on the iPad. I'm not commissioned, I offer it because I think it's a good idea to protect your investment. If you don't want it, that's cool, but there's no need to be an asshole about it. Now I hope you drop the fucker the minute you walk out of the store.

Asking me if we have the new iPad and then asking every other employee if we have them will garner you the same answer. Remember - we are paid to make money for our company. We would not lie to you. Nor would we hold them in the back for ourselves. Unless we don't want a job.

NO, I DON'T KNOW WHEN WE'RE GETTING ANY MORE IPADS !!!!
    Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

I hate apple as it is, and their frothing fanatics just make it worse.

Comment

I like how fanatics automatically think that the evil employees are hiding the iPads in the backroom so they can have them all to themselves. You know, cause that's totally a more plausible explanation than, say, that OTHER CUSTOMERS got to them first.

Comment

I'm increasingly becoming of the opinion that all Apple products are a dry cornholing in a sleekly-designed package.

Don't have an iPhone, don't want one. Don't have an iPad, don't want one. Don't have a Macbook, don't want one. All I've got is an older iPod, and it was a gift. And I'm not a huge fan of iTunes making seemingly every song I want to download "album only."
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

My boss asked me how I liked the new iPad since I got one. I ordered mine a day after it was on the Apple web site.

His son wants one for his birthday in a few days to a week away, can't remember. I told him what I thought about it and warned him about sites saying it had a heat issue.

I told him if he was going to get one he should have ordered it before this. He can't believe he isn't going to just walk into a store and get one. He did the same thing when his kids asked for a Wii for Christmas back when they first came out.

So now I will hear him complain about how he can not find one until he does...

Comment

Crapple is great with the iHype, I never bought into it so I can't really understand why people act so rabidly vicious about the newest iCrap. Must be the sleek design making it easier to stick it where the sun don't shine...

Comment

Every computing device I own *MUST* meet a list of my own personal needs.

If the device being sold does not meet those needs it is junk for me.

Apple fans are shocked when I point out all the failings from my point of view and how worthless the average Apple product is for me. Notice this also kills a high percentage of other products out there, but I never had a Toshiba, Dell, ASUS ..... user insist I must buy the same hardware as them.

Worse, I had Apple fans insist I don't need features that are missing from Apple's products!

I have been computer nerd for 40+ years, yet a fan who bought their first computing device only three years ago thinks they know better than me what I need!

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
                I have been computer nerd for 40+ years, yet a fan who bought their first computing device only three years ago thinks they know better than me what I need!
                That's the bit that would get to me! How on earth would they know what you want out of your gadgetry and computers?

I own an iMac, an iPod, a Windows Mobile-type phone, and a Gateway laptop with Windows XP and a not-current version of Ubuntu. They each are there for a reason. They serve their purposes they way I need them to.

But if some dingbat tries to tell me I don't really need the iMac or any one of the others, I'm going to be very annoyed. My life, my gadgets. Your life, your gadgets.

I wish more people did that. Of course, they don't.
                1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                -----
                http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

All of those sheep don't realize that there are other choices. I love my Toshiba Thrive, and Samsung Galaxy 7.0 tablets. Nothing against Ipads, but they are way overpriced. Always have been for what you get.

No flash support, or inputs for memory expansion? No thanks.

Comment

I have a MacBook, love it. I wanna get another computer soon for school. A Windows computer, so I don't need anything too fancy (for Word and what not). I never saw a point for an iPhone, too expensive and not worth my time. I have my iPod that holds all the music I have, no need for an update. I think 120 GB Classic will do.

I'm not a freak like other people. I could give a shit of what they use.

Comment

*sigh*

Can we keep this about the sucky customers the OP is talking about and stay away from the Apple comments?

Every time we have one of these threads it always devolves into a pro-Apple versus anti-Apple thing. Frankly, it gets old and that's not what we're here for.

If you want to debate Apple products and their users, take it to Fratching.
                      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

All I have is an iPod. I like them, because they're good music players. Especially since I can use Bluetooth headphones I got for a present with it.

I had an mp3, but it said it had a radio button on the manual.

I assure you, folks, it did not.

However, try and sell me any other apple Products, even headphones, and I will laugh at you.

I hate them wih a passion.
                        People may think I am a Satanist, but I'm really not.

Why would I worship those that I rule?

Comment

Quoth HeroOfNotBashingSkulls View Post
                          All I have is an iPod. I like them, because they're good music players. Especially since I can use Bluetooth headphones I got for a present with it.

I had an mp3, but it said it had a radio button on the manual.

I assure you, folks, it did not.

However, try and sell me any other apple Products, even headphones, and I will laugh at you.

I hate them wih a passion.
                          Ok - I assume you didn't see the mod note above that we are not discussing Apple products themselves and focusing only on the OP and their crappy behavior?

Again, folks...lets please refrain from letting this devolve into a pro vs con of Apple.

Lets focus on the issues that the OP is talking about.

Thanks.
                          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I work half a block from an Apple store. I just don't understand the lining up for the latest and greatest of anything (well, almost anything, I understand certain games).

I want to say that the employees of the Apple store are incredibly nice and helpful, and it is very pleasant in the store. (My kids have iPhones.)
                            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                            HR believes the first person in the door
                            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                            Document everything
                            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Listen up, Folks-

We had not one, but TWO moderator notes in this thread specifically asking NOT to turn this into a Pro-Apple vs. Anti-Apple debate.

This was ignored.

Case closed, thread closed.
                              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                              X