This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oooh retail... (Kinda Long)

Long time reader, first time poster so here we go!

Happened today SC bought in a Nano that was faulty all went down in from there:

SC: This isn't working
    me: OK, what's the matter with it?
    SC: It's not working
    *wow really, I thought you just wanted a chat*
    Me: OK do you have your receipt?
    *SC literally pushes his receipt forward as though he just folded in poker*

Me: So I see here you didn't take our straight-swap extended guarantee?
    SC: No, I never take those things
    Me: OK well under the standard manufacturer guarantee it says here that Apple request these are sent back to them, so what I can do i...
    SC: HOW LONG WILL THAT TAKE
    Me: Well its a maximum of 28 days bu...
    SC: I'M NOT WAITING THAT LONG!
    Me: OK well that's why we do offer the swap guarantee on these products.
    SC: I was never offered this, you have no proof that you offered it to me.

Me: Well the person that sold it is a member of our management team and it's not on your transaction so you didn't buy it, if you do buy it then the copy of the agreement goes on your receipt as a separate purchase (this is what I said word for word, important later)

SC: Want to speak to a manager
    *Me: Already phoning as your saying that*

SC: YOUR COLLEAGUE IS TELLING ME HE WONT REPLACE MY IPOD AND I WAS NEVER OFFERED THE EXTENDED WARRANTY, IF I WAS I WOULD OF TOOK IT

*me *

GM: OK sir well I can assure you that my Deputy would have offered that to you, at th...
    SC: NO! You have no proof of that, there's nothing to say that I declined it
    GM: There's also nothing to say we didn't offer it to you.
    SC: Well there should be
    GM: But then you would have to put that we never offered you headphones, or a TV or a cooker with your iPod (Awesome comeback!)

SC: Well he (points to me) told me you get a code on the receipt if you don't buy it.

Me: Excuse me sir, I actually said you get a code IF YOU BUY IT
    SC: I know what you said and you didn't say that
    Me: I know what I said and I did say that
    SC: You two need to get your facts sorted
    GM: What he has told you is fact sir, you haven't bought the cover so it will be repaired as per Apple's request.
    SC: But the Apple shop will give you a new one, I just don't want to go there
    GM: Well they may well do that, but Apple also make the devices at no doubt considerable less expense and are currently worth more than Poland, so they may well be able to afford that, here however, it goes away for repair.

SC then did the whole "Im not happy, corporate" spiel that you always here. So glad GM was taking no nonsense and didn't fold and he and I were totally right, original colleague did offer it him because you can't physically complete transaction without seeing the prompt and its in everyone's best interest because you get a better bonus the more money you make the company...simple economics.

More to come soon I am sure...

Well, first things first

And while that's not the fastest I've ever seen someone turn into a lying dillhole it was still pretty damn quick. And kudos to your GM for not taking any of this guy's BS.
    "Honestly officer, he asked for a shot and I gave him one. Why do you need the handcuffs?" - MannersMakethMan

Comment

Quoth cono1717 View Post
      SC: I know what you said and you didn't say that
      Me: I know what I said and I did say that
      SC: You two need to get your facts sorted
      Always remember -- the cursetomers see hear only what they WANT to hear, and see only what they WANT to see.

And to !
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Hmm.. The sc is lazy, ignorant, and a liar. I can't wait to see what job he'll have in his future

And welcome, good sir.
        People may think I am a Satanist, but I'm really not.

Why would I worship those that I rule?

Comment

Welcome. New here, myself. I'm so thankful I just have to deal with SC on the phone. Glad your GM had your back.

Comment

Working...
          X